4

[Y/N]'s Poetry Book

[Y/N]'s Poetry Book

"silly girl
you think
you're watching the stars
but those stars
are watching you"

- r.h Sin

Your POV

"[Y/N]. [Y/N]!"
"Wait- what?"

I snapped out of my trance and Jimin smirked at me. Probably finding it funny that I get distracted so easily.
"You're always in your little imaginary world. This is why you never noticed me in school before."

The traincar arrived at our destination and I pushed passed the bodies to exit. Jimin was behind me, calm and cool like always. We made our way to his building, worry was far from my mind since I had already called Itō-San and told her where I was going.

"Ah! It's boyfriend again isn't it? I go tell your mother!" She said playfully through the phone. I told her I'd be back in time for dinner and she waved me off, telling me to just try and have fun.

So here I am walking the streets with this boy again. I can't understand what goes through his mind yet, or why I was so fascinated with going on trips together, but it made me want to know even more. He linked his arm with mine as we walked through the district.
I didn't mind it since it was starting to become chilly around this time of year and he was warmer than I.
"By the way, I didn't notice you in class because I focus on school, not boys."
"Aw, that was cute. So what changed?"
"Nothing? I still prioritize."

"Oh really?" He smirked again. "You're supposed to be home doing your homework but instead you're going to a boy's house."
I scoffed and looked ahead. "I'm only going so I can learn some more Japanese."
"You could've asked anybody else."
"But no one I know has it down better than you. Not even Meiji. And it'd be hard learning from my foreign exchange family because they don't even have English all the way down either." I said in one big breath.

Jimin chuckled and pulled his beanie back down over his ears.
"Aish, I was only picking fun at you. In fact, I'm amazed that you're even willing to go anywhere with me at all."
"'Amazed'? What am I to you? A bougie little bitch?"
"[Y/N], shut the fuck up before you ruin the moment. I'm saying that we're complete strangers from two ends of the earth yet here we both are walking through Setagaya like longtime friends,"

I only shut my mouth because I pondered the idea of never meeting Jimin. We officially met yesterday. But when we talked on the phone that night (all night to be exact), I felt like I knew him for much longer. We talked about history, politics, the universe, more about music, and even the cultural differences of the west and eastern hemisphere. He was also very considerate and took great pride in opening doors for me, letting me speak first, and actually listening when I do. Maybe his crowd wasn't the best for me to be around, perhaps it's because 'his crowd' isn't what I'm used to. But I still feel stupid for not introducing myself to him sooner although that's something I'd never admit out loud.