9 | never

9 | NEVER

"Ultron killed Strucker

"Ultron killed Strucker." Steve announced.

Liviana stretched exasperatedly, for she had been napping away in her new bedroom. Steve handed his tablet to Tony so that he could see the message Ultron had sent. "And he did a Banksy at the crime scene just for us." Tony mentioned as he peered at the image of Strucker's dead body.

Liviana peeked over his shoulder to peep at the screen and when she saw a lifeless Baron von Strucker, a sense of relief washed over her. "This is a smoke screen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Natasha asked as she looked at the image as well.

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss. Have any idea, Liv?" Steve asked her.

Liviana shook her head vehemently. "I was never allowed to hear or see anything. But, Valdís was." Liviana informed.

"Any chance we could reach her?" Steve inquired.

Liviana shrugged. "Probably not. She's likely still serving HYDRA or another superior that praises her for her destruction." Liviana explained.

Natasha began searching through a nearby computer. "Everything we had on Strucker's been erased." Natasha informed as she failed to open any file relating to Strucker.

"Not everything." Steve stated. The team all moved to the office and instantly began digging through all the files in the cardboard boxes.

* * *

Tony quickly found a familiar face among Strucker's known associates. Thor noticed a brand on his neck and Bruce went to work trying to figure out what it meant. "It's a word in an African dialect meaning thief. In a much less friendly way." Bruce informed.

"What dialect?" Steve queried.

"Wakanda." Bruce informed. Liviana stiffened. She had heard many stories of a person from Wakanda, a mysterious figure that fought for his kind.

Tony turned to Steve. "If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods..." Tony muttered.

"I thought your father said he had gotten the last of it." Steve began to fret.

Bruce turned around from the screen he was doing his research on. "I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?" Bruce asked.

"The strongest metal on earth."
"Vibranium." Tony and Liviana spoke simultaneously.

"How did you know that?" Steve asked Liviana with a perplexed look spread on his face.

Liviana turned slowly to face her father. "The Black Panther uses it." She told.

* * *

The team had arrived at the Salvage Yard off the African Coast in order to get information about Strucker, however, Ultron and the Enhanced seemed to have beat them. By the time the Avengers arrived, Strucker's friend had already lost a limb and been thrown down a flight of stairs.

Liviana ran up and stood proudly behind Captain America, feeling confident for fighting alongside her father. "Don't compare me to Stark!" Ultron shouted as the Avengers had snuck up behind him.

"Ah, junior, you're going to break your old man's heart." Tony pretended to be hurt by his harsh words.

"Nobody has to break anything." Thor added.

Wanda, Pietro and Valdís suddenly appeared behind the raging Ultron with menacing glares stuck to their faces. When Liviana spotted them, she ducked behind Steve and attempted to stay out of sight. "Clearly, you've never made an omelette." Ultron scoffed.

"He beat me by one second." Tony mumbled, disappointed that he couldn't have made that joke.

Pietro walked forward to appear more prominent. "Ah, yes, he's funny. Mr. Stark. It's what? Comfortable? Like old times?" Pietro referred to the creation of deadly weapons like what was going on in that very factory they were in.

"This must feel exactly like home." Valdís spat from afar.

"This was never my life." Tony retorted.

Steve stepped forward to join the conversation, revealing Liviana behind him. Valdís, Pietro and Wanda all were in shock to see Liviana amongst the enemy. "You three can still walk away from this." Steve spoke up, finally realizing that one of the 'enhanced' was his very own daughter.

"Oh we will." Wanda assured, glaring at Liviana.

Steve continued to speak. "I know you've suffered." He sympathized, looking directly at Valdís. Val was tugging at Steve's heart because she looked and acted like Amelia much more than Liviana did. Though, Val did not understand why he was gazing at her so strangely.

Ultron sneered. "Captain America. God's righteous man. Pretending you could live without a war... and without your children. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but—" Ultron was interrupted.

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." Thor told.

Ultron stood up taller. "I think you're confusion peace with quiet." Ultron scoffed.

Tony was clearly already annoyed. "Uh-huh. What's the vibranium for?" Tony got straight to the point.

"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan." Ultron waved his hand around then instantly thrashed Tony around using his newfound power.

Ultron and Tony began to fly into each other and tussle a bit in the air, cueing the others to begin fighting. Pietro sped over to Liviana the moment he got the chance. Liviana kicked and punch just as HYDRA had taught her while Pietro sped around her and pinned her against the nearby wall. "What are you doing with Stark?" He hissed

Liviana kicked her leg up and wrapped his around Pietro's throat to flip him over. "I'm with my father." She grunted as Pietro regained dominance as he held her down.

Liviana thrashed around and attempted to break free from his grip on her. "You're father?" Pietro asked with wide eyes.

"Captain America is my and Valdís' father. She doesn't know yet." Liviana explained as she looked over to her father who was combating an Ultron dummy.

"How could you betray us? How could you betray me? We promised to stick together for always and forever." Pietro looked at Liv sadly.

Liviana felt guilty, but she pushed the feeling aside. "You promised that to me. Yes, I like you Pietro. But if you aren't going to support me finding my family, this'll never work." Liviana managed to break free from his hold and caught the attention of her sister.

Valdís came charging at Liviana. Val was fuming that Liviana would abandon her friends and own sister for the Avengers. Val lit her arm on fire and began to reach for her sister's throat. "Traitor." Val growled.

Liviana raised her hand out in front of her and felt her sister's heart pump. Liviana carefully slowed her sister's heart, using her powers of course, until it was too painful to move anymore. Val grasped her own chest, struggling to breathe. Liv let go of her sister's heart then look down upon her threateningly.

"Stop this nonsense, Val! We are free from HYDRA. I found our father, stop fighting with the evil." Liviana lectured.

Val clenched her jaw and took in a deep breath. "Never." She spat and began to charge at her sister once again.