3 | escape

3 | ESCAPE

Liviana stood alongside her sister, Valdís in the dark

Liviana stood alongside her sister, Valdís in the dark. "Report back to your stations, immediately. This is not a drill." The loud man over the speaker, that she heard all too often, announced.

With worried eyes, Liviana looked at her troubled sister. Valdís didn't even dare look at her sister to avoid feeling the sensation of guilt she always received when she met her eyes. Valdís simply looked forward, toward the blue, glowing stone that she knew nothing about- only that it granted powers to her cell neighbors, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff- with anger flickering in her heart.

This was the first time, ever, that Liviana was allowed to join the others on a mission. Liviana assumed that the situation was quite serious if they had to risk losing her as an asset out in the field. "We are under attack. We are under attack!" The man repeated.

* * *

The two pairs of twins stood in the corner attempting to listen in on their boss, Baron von Strucker. Strucker was whispering something about the situation going on outside, and she was eager to learn more about it. He was speaking quite lowly and the only thing Liviana could catch was him speaking about some group proclaimed the Avengers. Pietro and Wanda instantly tensed up when they heard that same name, and they instantly knew that their personal enemy was among them.

Soon after, Pietro was whispering in Liviana's ear about them needed to leave instantly. "We need to go. If HYDRA won't let us fight, then we'll go ourselves." Pietro spoke sternly and with motivation.

Liv bored her eyes deep into his with an assuring look. "Okay." She agreed to him. However, she was slickly lying. Actually, she found that proposal as an opportunity to escape... or at least have a taste of freedom.

* * *

Wanda and Valdís broke off to another area to fight, while Pietro and Liviana went to thin out the pack by taking care of isolated soldiers that belonged to the Avengers group. Liviana hid silently behind a thick tree as she waited for Pietro to cue her after he played some tricks on the prey they had scoped out moments ago.

Pietro sped from tree to tree as the archer that they were attacking, attempted to shoot Pietro. Within seconds, Pietro sped over to the man while he was reloading his bow with an arrow from his quiver. Pietro rapidly pushed him to the ground, then chuckled. "You didn't see that coming?" Pietro said the line that cued Liviana to join him.

She hastily rose her hand and forced the roots of the tree beside them to grow at a super speed and tie the archer down to the ground. After she finished, Pietro grabbed her and sped away before another Avenger caught sight of them.

As the two were retreating, Liv recalled her own plan that she had been brewing: to escape. "Pietro." She spoke, causing him to stop running back to the base to join Wanda and Val.

"What is it?" He asked as he put her back on her feet.

Liv placed a quick kiss on his cheek, using the power every person possessed to swoon the people that were infatuated with them. Pietro was always quite fond of Liviana, and did have a bit of a crush on her. So, when she kissed his cheek he almost melted into the snow beneath their boots. "I've got to go. I'll be back, I promise." She hugged him.

Pietro didn't know what to say, for he was still stuck on the fact that Liv had kissed his cheek. Therefore, he simply nodded at her. "Go, make sure Wanda is okay." Liv instructed and Pietro listened.

Liviana watched as Pietro sped away. She waited until she was sure the coast was clear before running through the forest again, but this time... it wasn't to fight the Avengers. It was to escape.