5 | my mother

5 | MY MOTHER

Finding out that Steve was her father instantly made her feel like she was part of the Avengers' team

Finding out that Steve was her father instantly made her feel like she was part of the Avengers' team. The Avengers quickly adopted her and spoke to her as if she had been part of the plan to destroy HYDRA the entire time, despite only recently joining their force.

"Feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but..." Tony spoke to Thor as Liviana peered at the scepter. Thor had caught her up on the history of the blue glowing staff: it once belonged to his brother, who stole the blue glowing stone called the "tesseract," which was then stolen from him by HYDRA.

"No, but this... this brings it to a close." Thor nodded in content.

Steve, who had been staring down at a small little tablet reading up on some information, spoke up. "As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" Steve questioned.

Liv almost immediately realized that Steve was speaking about Strucker's work on Pietro and Wanda. "Banner and I will give it the once over before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Tony asked Thor, receiving a quick nod.

"Just a few days till the farewell party. You're staying, right?" Tony inquired.

"Yes, yes of course. A victory should be honored with revels." Thor confirmed.

"Yeah, who doesn't love revels? Captain?" Tony recalled the memories of the friend he lost: Amelia. Ever since Liviana showed up he couldn't stop thinking about Amelia, it was almost as if she were present...

Steve kept his eyes glued to the tablet. "Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and HYRDA. So, yes, revels." Steve completely dodged the subtle and indirection mention of Amelia.

* * *

The Avengers and Liviana hastily landed on the Avengers tower and began to unload. "The lab is all set up, boss." A very mature looking woman entered the vehicle with poise.

"Actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler." Tony's sarcasm was quite evident, and it made Liv laugh because she had never met someone with such a personality.

Tony shot her a warm smile. "See, she gets it. Just like someone we know, Cap?" Tony kept pressing for Steve to say the name that he hadn't spoken in years.

Steve turned around and ignored Tony's commentary. "What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asked.

"NATO's for him." The mature woman told. She caught a glimpse of Liviana's presence then cocked her head in confusion.

"The two enhanced?" Steve continued to ask the middle aged woman.

"Wanda and Pietro—" Liviana began to correct her long lost father. Steve stopped in his tracks and looked back at Liv.

"Those are their names..." Liv squeaked out quietly.

Steve shook his head and turned his attention back to the woman full of information. "That's my daughter, Liviana. Liviana, meet Agent Maria Hill." Steve introduced quickly.

Liv waved inconspicuously at her and Maria simply looked at her with wide eyes. "Is she—" Maria began.

"Yes, she's Amelia's! Jesus, why do all of you want me to say her name so bad." Steve huffed, angrily leaving the ship and retreating to a room in the tower in order to collect his thoughts. Liviana sighed, knowing that she should probably go with him since, technically, she didn't know anyone else there.

* * *

Somehow, Liviana managed to find her biological father in one of the many bedrooms on the floor. She cracked open the door and peeked in. She saw him looking sadly down at the ground, looking almost heartbroken. Liv knocked on the door to inform him of her presence, and when he did realize she was there... he wiped away his tears and held back his sobs.

"C—captain?" Liviana called out.

Steve grunted. "Come in, Liviana." He ordered.

Liviana attempted to minimize all sound as she entered his room and plopped herself on the bed next to him. "Are you okay?" Liviana asked, her thick accent swallowing her words.

Steve sighed. "Yeah, I— I just needed some time alone." He admitted.

"Sorry to intrude—" Liviana began, but was cut off.

Steve furrowed his brows together. "But, I realized what I need is to speak with you. I need talk about her at some point, right?" Steve chuckled sourly.

Liviana slowly nodded. "I am assuming you're speaking about my mother." Liviana noted.

"Yes, I am." He simply said.

________________
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
im going to end it here
because my babe amelia
joanne stinson deserves
her own chapter after
so many years of not
writing about her.

what was your
favorite part?

what do you want
to see next?
________________