8 | together

8 | TOGETHER

Liviana analyzed the lab that Tony and Bruce had spent a few days working on a mysterious project in, which so happened to be the A

Liviana analyzed the lab that Tony and Bruce had spent a few days working on a mysterious project in, which so happened to be the A.I. that attacked them: Ultron. "All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch." Bruce paced the room back and forth as he figured out what had just happened.

Natasha tapped away on the computers as she searched through the files Ultron tapped into. "He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha informed as she turned back to glare at Tony.

"He's in your files, he's in the Internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" James, who preferred to be called Rhodey, asked.

Maria Hill looked up with a worried expression crossing her face. "Nuclear codes." She mumbled.

"Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey told. Liviana had nothing to say. She wasn't used to working in such condition nor did she understand anything that was going on, except that there was a threat that needed to handled.

Natasha cocked her head. "Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." She mentioned.

Steve spoke up. "He didn't say dead, he said extinct." Steve emphasized.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint pitched into the conversation.

Maria furrowed her brows. "There wasn't anyone else in the building." She mentioned.

"There was the other A.I." Liviana shrugged.

Tony nodded sadly at Liv and then proceeded to project an image of Jarvis' 'brain'. "Jarvis was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down. It makes sense." Steve grumbled, looking upon the image disappointedly.

"No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy this is... rage." Bruce explained. Suddenly, Thor rushed into the lab and grabbed Tony by his throat.

"Woah, it's going around." Clint inappropriately joke as he watched Thor lift Tony by his throat.

"Come on. Use your words, buddy." Tony spoke between gasps for air.

Thor held Tony by one hand with ease. "I have more than enough words to describe you Stark." Thor growled.

Liviana looked around worriedly, puzzled as to why no one was going to help Tony. "Stop!" She shouted, gaining Thor's attention.

"Now, I don't know you all very well... but you seem like good people. There's no need to go at each other's throats." Liviana scolded Thor with her eyes. Thor begrudgingly released his grasp on Tony and dropped him on the floor.

Steve muttered in agreement. "Thor, the Legionnaire?" Steve asked for an update.

"Trail went cold about 100 mikes out, but it's headed north. And it has the sceptre. Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor huffed.

Natasha scoffed. "Genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." She refocused the group's task.

"I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Some doctor that had been at the party even after all the other guests were gone, spoke up. Liviana hadn't noticed her presence until that moment.

Tony began to laugh hysterically. "You think this is funny?" Thor questioned.

"No. It's probably not, right? This is very terrible. It is.. it's so terrible." Tony assured.

Thor neared Tony with a threatening gaze. "This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor lectured.

"I'm sorry! It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this." Tony stepped up to Thor.

"Tony, maybe this might not be the time." Bruce called from afar.

"Really? That's it? You just roll over, show your belly every time somebody snarls?" Tony sneered.

Bruce shrugged. "Only when I've created a murder bot." Bruce told.

"We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?" Tony asked Bruce.

Bruce shrugged and nodded. "Well, you did something right. And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different than SHIELD." Steve rebutted.

"Anybody remember when I carried a through a wormhole? Saved New York? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing 300 feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arm dealers all the livelong day, but that up there, that's... that's the endgame. How were you guys planning on beating that?" Tony inquired as he rambled.

Steve stared coldly at Tony. "Together."