7 | strings

7 | STRINGS

"Mind catching me up on what your little friends,Peter and Wendy?" Steve asked his daughter

Liviana rolled her eyes as she hurriedly walked down the gray halls alongside her father. "Pietro and Wanda? He's fast and she's... weird." Liv shrugged as they halted to a stop once they reached the elevator.

"Well, they're gonna show up again. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. What kind of monster lets a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" Steve asked sarcastically, Amelia influence still evident in him.

Unfortunately for Steve, Liviana didn't know much about him and didn't get the sarcastic joke very well. "They are not monsters, they are my friends. You also forget that there is one more enhanced person amongst the HYDRA affiliates: your daughter." Liv mentioned, shutting her father up.

* * *

For the next few days, Liviana learned to adapt to the life as an Avenger. She was quickly adopted into the group as if she had been a member of the team since the beginning. They loved having her around to give her a different perspective on the data they were given and they loved how she was so easily trusted.

It was Saturday and the team was having a party at the Avengers tower. Liviana had never been to a part and she was quite astonished at how fun they could be. Liviana sat at the bar and watched people drink the strange yellowish liquid with foam layering the top. She looked at the bartender with a perplexed look spread across her face.

"What do you need, sweetheart?" The bartender asked, throwing the rag she was holding over her shoulder.

Liv nodded at the cup Thor seemed to be holding. "One of those." She told, her strange accent coating her voice like thick honey.

"Aren't you like 18?" The bartender looked her up and down, then recalled her accent.

"Oh, you're probably from somewhere where you can drink at 18. I'll get you a beer, then." The bartender smiled.

As if on cue, a pair of large hands were dropped onto Liviana's shoulders. "Don't. You're only like, two." The familiar voice of Steve rung out as he pulled her away from the bar.

"But—" Liviana began, but Steve rapidly covered her mouth with his hand.

Steve clicked his tongue disappointedly. "Underage drinking is illegal." Steve lectured her, feeling like a father for the first time.

"Does that mean I can't drink water, either?" Liv inquired, she was innocently ignorant.

Steve sighed and slapped a hand to his forehead. "No, you know what," Steve turned and called the first person he laid eyes upon in the room, "Thor!" Steve led Liv over to Thor, who was talking to an old man.