4 | i am your father

4 | I AM YOUR FATHER

Liviana trekked through the snow until she finally spotted some people fighting

Liviana trekked through the snow until she finally spotted some people fighting. She instantly recognized them as some of the Avengers, and before she approached them, she rose her hands up as a surrender. She didn't know whether these people were going to help her or not, but she knew that they were definitely going to get her away from HYDRA.

As she neared the battling Americans, one man noticed her and instantly ran over to her and readied his weapon... or hammer? Liviana wasn't quite sure what it was, however it did look quite terrifying. "P—please, get me out of here." She pleaded.

* * *

The man with the hammer, formally known as Thor, fortunately, did help her and allowed her to join him and the rest of his team to retreat to safety after they finished their mission.

Liviana sat in a chair, in the corner of the aircraft the Avengers used to travel in. All of the Avengers were huddled together on the other side of the transport as they exchanged looks to one another and whispered about what they were going to do with Liviana. About seventy percent of the team disagreed with Thor bringing a young, unfamiliar woman on board without considering that she could be a spy or worse.

Eventually, the team broke off and  returned to their normal activities while Thor and the man wearing the American flag as a suit, better known as Captain America, went to speak with Liviana. "Hello, I am Steve Rogers... or Captain America as some people call me." Captain America spoke as Liviana noted his formalities.

"And, I am Thor... son of Odin, prince of Asgard—" Thor began to extravagantly present, causing the corners of Liviana's mouth to twist upward.

"That's enough..." Steve cut him off.

Liviana sent them a warm smile, something she hadn't expressed to anyone before except Wanda and Pietro. "I am Liviana, or Asset 11 if you're a HYDRA agent." Liviana introduced.

"Look, Liviana, we aren't going to lock you up or interrogate you. I am aware that you just needed to escape. You have family we can take you back to? A home?" Steve inquired.

Liv shook her head sadly. "I was born with no parents. I have my twin sister, but she lives for HYDRA." Liviana explained.

Steve eyes began to water up as he was reminded of his own family that was ripped away from him.[reference to the captain chronic series... specifically the last book "grace period"] "We will get you somewhere safe, I promise." Steve held back the tears that pricked his eyes, and quickly left.

"Did I say something?" Liv asked, feeling a bit upset too.

Thor shook his head. "No... you just reminded him of somebody," then Thor cocked his head and analyzed Liviana, "somebody that looked a lot like you actually... He lost her a couple years ago, along with the twins she was supposed to birth." Thor explained mindlessly.

Liviana furrowed her brows together as she connected missing puzzle pieces she had been trying to find for so long. "I have only been alive for a couple years... HYDRA used my sister and I as an experiment for their growth serum." Liviana mentioned.

Thor, absentmindedly shrugged. "I am so sorry that they did such horrible things to you." Thor consoled. 

Liviana began to tear up as well. Of course, she was getting ahead of herself... but... what if that Steve Rogers was her father?

* * *

A few minutes later, Liviana finally grew the courage to speak with Steve about her theory. She sat down, awkwardly, in front of him. Steve didn't look at her, he simply pretended that he didn't even notice her. "Mr. Rogers... I need to say something... and I know it's going to sound a bit crazy." Liviana fumbled with the bracelet that was wrapped around her wrist.

"Just... call me Steve." He corrected, still looking at everything else but her.

Liviana coughed then continued. "Well... I— I think you might be my father." She spoke, causing Steve to laugh.

Liviana stared at him blankly, then Steve's eyes met hers and he realized... she was being serious. "Are you serious? There's no way! I wasn't even... awake when you were born." Steve chuckled.

"I was only born two years ago. HYDRA used this serum to grow my sister and I." Liv explained.

Steve's eyes widened, then he scoffed. "Y—you can't. You're just messing with me," he jolted up and grabbed Liviana by her throat, "you're just a HYDRA agent working to break me down!" He shouted angrily as flashes of the images of his dead wife flickered in his brain.

"I—I a—am n—not!" Liviana could barely manage to speak between trying to gasp for air. Suddenly all of the other Avengers rushed over to pry Steve off of the poor girl, but his grip was far too strong.

And at that very moment, Steve looked at her face... then recalled his wife's face. He saw the vast amount of similarities between the two women, then let go of Liv's neck. "I-I am so sorry. I-I just can't th-think right now. I am your father?" Steve questioned. All of the Avengers gasped as they listened to him speak.

Liviana rubbed her neck caringly, then shrugged. "I don't know, it is impossible right?" Liviana mumbled as she mouthed a thank you to the rest of the Avengers for trying to save her life.

Steve combed his fingers through his blond hair. "I don't know... everything seemed impossible with Amelia..." He trailed off.

"That is true." Thor chimed in.
"I second that." Natasha added.
"Yep." Tony, or Iron Man, told.

"Can't we do a blood test?" Bruce Banner, in which Liviana first saw as the Hulk, butt in. Everyone muttered in agreement then went of to grab some supplied to draw the two's blood.

* * *

"You're really my daughter?" Steve began to break down into tears as he held the results with shaky arms.

Liviana began to cry too. How could it be that one of the first people she ever met outside of being a captive in HYDRA, was her father? Liviana wasn't very religious, however, at that very moment... she knew that what had occurred was a miracle bestowed by someone of a higher power.

Steve and Liviana hugged each other tightly. It felt quite strange for the both of them. It felt strange for Steve to have someone in his arms for the first time since Amelia died and for Liviana to feel the sensation of someone caring for her. "I'm sorry I choked you." Steve rapidly apologized.

"I'm sorry I trapped your friend with tree roots." Liviana snickered as she apologized too.

________________
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
bloop this chapter sucked
but it was just exposing
who she was, who she was connected to, etc. etc. hoped
you liked it!

what was your
favorite part?

what do you want
to see next?
________________