Run For Your Short Life

After he was healed, I stood up and looked at my hands then back at the book.

"Oh my gosh, " I was shocked, but before I could finish Levin weakly stood up. He looked at his arm and was about to say something when he was cut of by the sound of a loud ear splitting boom. I froze in fear and looked at him. He groaned and grabbed the book and the bag,

  "Come on kiddo, here we go again,"

  "What?  What was that Levin? " I asked as I stood up and followed him to wherever he was going.

  The night was still fairly dark and not to mention cold. The brisk breeze blew through the atmosphere.  The dry leaves crunched under our footsteps.  Levin started walking quite quickly and then the walk turned into a quick pace. I tried to keep up but due to the fact that I couldn't see where I was going I was limited in my speed.

  "Slow down Levin! " I called out as I trailed behind him

   "No time Esther, I think there're coming for us. We need to move fast, " He said as he ran quicker, yet every now and then he would glance behind to see if I was keeping up.

My heartbeats seem to be racing faster than it ever had. Tiny beads of sweat dripped down my forehead, for even though it was cold, the speed at which I ran caused me to perspire.   I felt horrible, still.  I ran behind Levin, through the trees until we came to a clearing. In the distance the sun was about to rise. For me, that was hope. It was my hope. Levin slowed down his pace as he glanced at the sunrise then back at me,

"Sunrise already? " He asked

  "It seems so, " I replied

  "Okay here is the plan, we will be entering V3-Fire in a bit. It is one of the most dangerous Vicinities we have. The heat down there is unbearable, so just always stay close to me and don't talk to anyone.Okay? "

  "Okay? " I said as Levin turned around and continued to walk. I don't get why he treats me like a child still, clearly I'm 15 going to be 16,  I think I can handle things on my own.

I hope.

We both walked through the knee length grass heading towards the other vicinity.  I looked at Levin whose mind seem to be far away,  his dark brown hair was blown by the gently morning breeze and his green eyes focused on moving forward.

"Levin? " I asked while quickly walking to catch up with him. "What happened to my other guardian? "

He paused and turned to face me,  for a second I thought he was going to yell. His face was now in a seriously expression, his fingers were bawled up in a fist and his Chi screamed of anger.

"Maybe,  thay wasn't the best question to ask. "  I quickly turned around and continued to walk but Levin still stood there.

"No, Esther, its just.." He paused again, "Her name was Ellen, she was one year younger than me and we were grouped together at the age of 20 to become guardians ."

"And what happened? " I asked walking back to him.

"She also knew about the book and coloured blood. Ellen believed thay the child we got would be the one with the coloured blood: yet I didn't believe her because it was a long shot." Levin looked around and we both continued to walk,

"Then? "

"Then she and I had an argument where she ended up tuning out of the apartment and out into the streets. There she was killed by a car which was speeding. It left no evidence if who it was."

"Oh my gosh, " I looked at Levin and saw the pain in his eyes. He really did love her but lost her to one silly mistake.

"And what hurts the most is the fact that she was right."  Levin said while walking.

"She was? " I asked, " About your child having the coloured blood."

Levin nodded and sighed, "I wish she were still here."

I looked down, the poor woman died, now I know why Levin is always so depressed and down most of the time.

"How long ago was it?, " I asked

"Just two years,"

"Just two, " I mumbled,  he looked down at me and smiled, it was a fake one for sure but I didn't mind. "It's okay, I still have her in my heart," german assured me.