savitar part three

Twelve hours before Iris is set to be murdered

"I have to, Lexi!" Barry says, placing his hands on my cheeks. I push them off.

"No, you don't," I say in between tears.

"The future is already set, I have no choice," he says.

"You do! The future is not set!" I shout.

"From where I am, it is!" He says, his voice rising.

"She's my friend!" I argue, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"I don't want to do it either. But I have no choice. The Speed Force might not like that I would change the future," he argues.

"You'd change it for the good! Besides, they're already mad at you. You're taking someone's life, Barry!" I sigh and sit down on our bed.

Barry sits down next to me and wraps an arm around me. I place my head on his shoulder.

"They're wondering where you are," he says softly. I take a deep breath and stand up.

"When I get back you better have your decision made. I hope it's the right one," I say. I grab my jacket and keys and leave my apartment.

"Where have you been!" Barry -Flash Barry- says. "We have less than twelve hours," he adds sadly.

I place a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I know, I'm so sorry Barry."

He walks away and I sigh.

I could do something about all this. I could fix it! I could make sure Iris and Barry will be together. I could get rid of Savitar...forever. And I'd still have my Barry.

"Hey, Barry!" I call.

"Hmm?"

"What would happen if Savitar didn't kill Iris? Would the future remain the same? Would Savitar die? Could you and Iris remain together like Savitar never existed?" I ask.

"That's a lot of questions. Be careful, Savitar knows what your saying," he warns.

I grin. "Oh, I know."

Barry frowns and sits down next to me. "I don't know. I mean, I'm pretty sure Savitar would still be around. And Iris and I would still be together. Why?" He asks.

"Savitar, meet us here, now!" I say.

"Lexi! Are you crazy?" Barry exclaims.

"Relax, he won't hurt me," I say. At least, if he made the right decision.

Barry aka Savitar appears in the cortex.

"You're an idiot," he says to me.

"That's what I'm saying!" Flash Barry says.

"Did you make the right choice?" I ask Savitar Barry.

He smiles. "I did. I should've listened to you ages ago," he says, and kisses my forehead.

Flash Barry's mouth falls open. "Wha-? Wha-? When?" He stutters.

"About a month," I say.

"Why?" He asks.

"Because I can be a good man. And I will for Lexi. We're going to leave Central City," Savitar Barry says.

Flash Barry's eyes widen. "Oh! That was...unexpected. Also, you slept with Savitar?" Barry asks. I feel my cheeks redden and my Barry laughs.