how you got your speed

(I'll do other types of medas in the future)

Tonight is the night when STAR Labs Particle Accelerator will be turned on. Your brother, Barry, was overly excited. You were a little happy too, but you weren't 'fanboying' over it. At least that's what Iris calls Barry, a 'fanboy'.

Barry took Iris to the launch. You knew he liked her, everyone did. If he just made a move, you thought. You shook your head and smiled. This was Barry we're talking about. The awkward, mostly annoying but lovable, Barry.

You had to get to the Precinct. You told Barry you'd meet him there to help clean up while he ran a last minute DNA sample.

You walked into the lab. Barry looked like he just got there. He was taking off his coat and turning on the TV.

Looks like a storm is coming up ahead, but Dr. Wells will continue with launch of his Particle Accelerator.

"How was it?" You ask Barry. He lifts his head up to acknowledge you, "Oh, it was great! This is going to open up so many new doors in the science world! We can have new medicines, new technology, new-" you cut him off with a laugh. You thought it was hilarious when he went full nerd. "Nerd," you say, just to tease him. He rolls his eyes but smiles, "Whatever. Can you clean those containers then put them on the shelf?"

"Yep, anything dangerous I should be aware of?"

"Thanks, and no. Just don't drink the remnants."

"Darn," you say jokingly.

"So, did you make a move on Iris?" You ask him. "Y/N! I, uh, she's just a friend!" He claims, poorly. You scoff, "Yeah, ok. But seriously, did you?" Barry sighs, "I tried to tell her I liked her, but she didn't know I was talking about her." You furrow your brows. Barry is special. "Well, you need to get her to know that your serious about liking her. Bring her flowers or something," You suggest.
"I guess I'll try that. What if I tie a note on the stem? Or would that be too cheesy?" You smile but roll your eyes. "You like her, you decide." He groans, "Girls are so confusing!" You just smirk, but don't say anything.

All a sudden it started to rain. A clap of thunder went off, making you jump. You could here the rain pounding on the ceiling window.

"Wow that's loud. I'll close the blinds," Barry says. You nod and go back to cleaning the containers.

"What the..." You here Barry mumble. You look up to see the liquids floating above the containers. You run to Barry, and he puts a protective arm around you.

You didn't notice he was still holding the chain to the blinds. Suddenly, you here a loud crack. You and Barry look up at the ceiling just as a bright light blinds you. You gasp in pain and fall to the ground.