julian albert

You move to the sink in the Precinct. You told Barry you'd wash and put away his beakers, and you just started. It was dull work, but you made a promise.

While you're work, you quietly murmur a song. You looked out the door to see if anyone was listening. You had huge stage fright, and even though no one was there, you couldn't risk being heard.

You wished you could just express your voice, but the fear of what others would think was too much. What if no one likes you? Want if they laugh and make fun? It was irrational and insecure, but you couldn't help it.

After a while, you finished washing them and began to place them on the many shelves that lined the office.

You couldn't help it, and began to sing out loud.

Lady, running down to the riptide,
Taken away to the dark side,
I wanna be your left hand man.

You swear you heard someone outside, and stopped singing. You glanced around and began to sing again.

I love you when your singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong.

You placed the last one on the shelf and went to go dry your hands.

"You have a lovely voice, you know."

You stopped abruptly. You hadn't meant for anyone to hear you, and you were quite embarrassed.

You turn to Julian, "Oh, um, thanks." He chuckles, "Of course. Do you sing often?" You sigh and murmur, "I wish."

Julian frowns, "Why not? You're very talented." You sigh again, "I'm too scared to. But it doesn't really matter."

Julian narrows his eyes, "Sure it matters. Do you enjoy music?" You chuckle, "Yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean I have to be good at it."

"True, but you are talented. Don't let anyone else take that away."

Julian grabs his jacket off his chair, "Goodnight, Y/N." You smile, "Goodnight, Julian."

You watch as he walks out of the room.

"Oh, Julian!" You shout. He turns around.

"Thank you," you say sincerely.

He smiles, "Anytime."

AUTHORS NOTE
Sorry for not updating! I've had a very busy weekend+Monday and I couldn't upload.

I most likely will never get to upload on the weekends, since I have tournaments then.

Wow, almost 500 reads! That may not be a lot to others, but this is my first published book on Wattpad. Thank you all so much :)

Happy reading! :)