Chapter 20: Shark Head

All three of them made to the surface and landed on the shore line.

"We're alive," Kimi replied.

"We're alive!" Moana cheered then screamed.

Kimi looked at her, looking at Maui, who had a shark head. She tried to keep from laughing.

"Listen. I appreciate what you two did down there," Maui replied.

"Mm..hmm..." Moana responded.

"Took guts. But..." Maui continued.

But Moana kept looking anywhere but him and Kimi kept trying to not laugh.

"I'm sorry. I'm tryin' to be sincere for once, and it feels like you're both distracted," Maui remarked.

"No, no, no way," Moana strained.

"Really? 'Cause you looking at me like I have a--" Maui started again.

Then he looked at where his hand and saw it was a fin. He felt his torso and face then sighed.

"Shark head," he groaned.

"What? Do you have a shark head, 'cause I...?" Kimi continued to hold in her giggling fit.

"Look. The point is for a little girl, child thing, whatever who had no business being down there and a demigoddess who didn't really have that much experience with her powers. You did me a solid. But you also almost died. And I couldn't even beat the dumb crab. So chances of beating Te Kā? Bup kiss. We're never making it to the Te Fiti. This mission is curse," Maui explained hopelessly.

"It's not cursed," Kimi said sincerely.

Maui looked at her and pointed at himself, "Shark head."

"It's not cursed," Moana encouraged, handing him his fish hook.

He turned into more animals until he stopped at Heihei's twin. Then he groaned turning back to himself except he had a shark tale.

"Cursed," he moaned.

Kimi and Moana looked at each other. They had to help Maui with this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N They got past Tamatoa, but what about Te Kā?