Chapter 12: Family Reunion and 🎵You're Welcome🎵

Moana and HeiHei emerged from the sand of a desert island. She double-checked to see if the heart was still in her necklace, which it was. She checked inside the boat for her sister's necklace and it was there as well, so she wrapped it around her wrist. Then she wiped the sand from her face and angrily approached the shore line.

"Uhmm...What?! I said help me! And wrecking my boat?! Not helping!" Moana yelled at the sea.

She tried to kick it, but the ocean dodged it and she fell on her butt.

"Fish pee in you! All day! So..." she shouted then grunted angrily.

A woman chuckled and said, "You always had a way with words, little sis."

Moana froze then slowly turned around to see Kimi, smirking at her.

"Kimi?" she asked.

"In the flesh," Kimi answered.

They ran to each other and hugged. Moana started to cry as Kimi held her close.

"I'm sorry for leaving, Moana. I just really needed to figure things out," Kimi whispered.

"No, I understand. I just missed you so much," Moana sobbed.

"I missed you too, Moana," Kimi responded.

Moana then opened her eyes to see Heihei with a coconut on his head and running into a rock over and over again. Then she looked above him to see marks that shaped into Maui's fish hook.

"Maui?" she asked.

Kimi broke the hug and nodded. Then they noticed a huge shadow coming their way.

"Maui," Moana gasped.

She grabbed her oar, Heihei, and Kimi and dragged them behind the boat.

"Maui, demigod of the wind and sea, I am Moana of Motunui. You will board my boat. No. You will board my boat. Yeah," Moana decided.

"Moana, what are you doing?" Kimi asked, trying to hold back her laughter.

"I'm reciting what I have to say to Maui," she answered then continued, "I am Moana of Montunui. You will board my..."

"Boat! A boat! The Gods have given me a--" Maui exclaimed then screamed when he noticed Moana.

Kimi moved themselves out of the way behind Maui. He lifted the boat cautiously to see Heihei buried in the sand. Moana cleared her throat, holding up her oar defensively as Maui turned around. Kimi still kept trying to hold her laughter in.

"Maui, shapeshifter, demigod of the wind and sea. I am Moana--" Moana started to say.

"Hero of Man," Maui interrupted.

"Really, Maui?" Kimi asked.

"Wh-- What?" Moana wondered, confused.

"It's actually Maui, shapeshifter, demigod of the wind and sea, hero of man. I interrupted, from the top, hero of man. Go," Maui instructed.

"Are you kidding me?" Kimi asked.

"No, Kimi. I'm not. That's all a part of my title. So, continue," Maui answered then urged.

"I am Mo--" Moana tried to say again.

"Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry. And women. Man and women. Both. All. Not a guy-girl thing. Ah, you know, Maui is a hero to all. You're doing great," Maui interrupted again then clicked his tongue.

"Great. I've known the guy for a day or two and he's still trying to make a great first impression, which he's doing horrible at," Kimi whispered to herself.

"What? No, I came here to--" Moana responded to what Maui said.

"Oh, of course, of course. Yes, yes, yes, yes. Maui always has time for his fans," Maui replied as he put the boat down, grabbed her oar and Heihei, then wrote on her oar with the chicken as he added, "When you use a bird to write with, it's called tweeting."

He finished then handed it back to Moana. He signed his hook and a heart on it.

"I know, not every day you get a chance to meet your hero," Maui smirked.

Moana hit him in the stomach with her oar, which made Kimi laugh, grabbed his ear, then growled, "You are not my hero. And I'm not here so you can sign my oar. I'm here because you stole the heart of Te Fiti and you will board my boat, sail across the sea, and put it back."

"Why am I enjoying this?" Kimi asked in a giggling fit.

"Yeah...It almost sounds like you don't like me, which is impossible because I got stuck here for a thousand years, trying to get the heart as a gift for you mortals so you could have the power to create life itself. Plus, Kimi already likes me. Yeah. So what I believe you were trying to say is thank you," Maui explained.

"Thank you?" Moana and Kimi asked.

"You're welcome," Maui answered.

"Wait, no, no, no. I-I didn't...I wasn't...why would I ever say..." Moana stuttered.

[Maui:]
Okay, okay
I see what's happening here
You're face-to-face with greatness and it's strange
You don't even know how you feel, It's adorable!
Well it's nice to see that humans never change
Open your eyes, let's begin
Yes it's really me, It's Maui! Breathe it in
I know it's a lot, the hair, the bod!
When you're staring at a demigod

Kimi was accidentally staring at him when he bounced Mini Maui with his pecks. He winked at her, which made her stop.

What can I say except "You're welcome"
For the tides, the sun, the sky
Hey, it's okay, it's okay, you're welcome
I'm just an ordinary demi-guy!

Hey, what has two thumbs and pulled up the sky
When you were waddling yay high?
This guy!
When the nights got cold, who stole you fire from down below?
You're looking at him, yo!

As he put his arms around the two sisters, Moana was confused while Kimi was blushing and trying not to smile.

Oh, also I lasso'd the sun
You're welcome
To stretch your days and bring you fun
Also, I harness the breeze
You're welcome
To fill your sails and shake your trees

So what can I say except you're welcome?
For the islands I pulled from the sea
There's no need to pray, it's okay, you're welcome
I guess it's just my way of being me
You're welcome, you're welcome
Well, come to think of it

This next part, Kimi and Moana were starting to really get into the song.

Kid, honestly I can go on and on
I can explain every natural phenomenon
The tide, the grass, the ground
Oh, that was Maui just messing around
I killed an eel, I buried its guts
Sprouted a tree, now you've got coconuts
What's the lesson? What is the takeaway?
Don't mess with Maui when he's on the breakaway
And the tapestry here in my skin
Is a map of the victories I win
Look where I've been, I make everything happen
Look at that mean Mini Maui just tippity tappin'

Well anyway, let me say you're welcome!
For the wonderful world you know
Hey, it's okay, it's okay, you're welcome!
Well, come to think of it, I gotta go
Hey, it's your day to say you're welcome!
'Cause I'm gonna need that boat I'm sailing away, away, you're welcome!
'Cause Maui can do anything but float
You're welcome, you're welcome And thank you!

That's when Moana and Kimi realized that Maui trapped them in a cave. And man, were they beyond mad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well, Moana has been reunited with her sister and has met Maui. But now, they both have to get out of the cave.