The one with the audition

Start from the beginning

"Ok," I agreed.

"Alright now go put some light makeup on and straighten your hair a little," Taylor told me.

"Kay," I said, walking up to my room. I went straight to my bathroom and put on light makeup. I then straightened the ugly kinks out of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. I walked downstairs to get Taylor's approval and heard her talking to mom.

"Yes I will tell her that you say good luck."
"Yes, I truly believe she will get it; she's so good."
"No this won't ruin her college or anything."

"Who're you talking to?" I asked, pretending like a didn't know.

"Mom," Taylor told me, "Here, talk to Kaitlyn."

"Hey mom," I said happily.

"Hi honey! Good luck today!" She said, matching Taylor's level of excitement. That was an exaggeration; no one's as excited as Taylor. Not even me.

"Thanks mom," I said.

"I know you will get this part, make sure you sing like no one else is there like when you sing in your room," she told me.

"Mom," I whined.

"Don't whine! It's bad for your throat!" Taylor yelled at me from the next room.

I rolled my eyes and huffed before turning my attention back to the phone call.

"Ok mom I have to go now," I said.

"Ok, good luck Kait; I love you," mom said.

"Thanks mom, love you too; talk to you later, bye," I said, ending the phone call and handing Taylor her phone back. I grabbed my small purse before sliding my booties on. I got in the passenger seat of Taylor's car and she started the drive to from her LA house through the city and to the Hollywood studios.

We entered the waiting room where several different people were waiting. There were people of all shapes, sizes, and looks. We walked to where the check in was, and I told the woman my name and who I was trying out for. She put my name down and gave me a number, 13. Perfect, Taylor's luck is with me. Taylor pulls me to the side as everyone starts staring.

"Alright I'm going to go now okay?" She said.

"Okay, don't forget to pick me up, I'll call you when I'm done so keep your phone nearby," I told her.

"Ok, remember, keep your nerves down and sing like you do in your room," she told me.

"Ok," I said.

"Alright, love you, break a leg, bye," she said.

"Love you too, bye," I said as she walked out.

"Oh my gosh, was that Taylor Swift?" some girl asked, walking up to me.

"Yeah," I said.

"That's so cool, I love her so much she's so inspiring," the girl continued.

"I'm Kaitlyn by the way," I said.

"Melissa," she said.

"What part are you going for?" I asked.

"Marley Rose, you?" she replied.

"Lexi Rose," I told her.

"Cool, maybe we'll get to work together," Melissa told me.

"Hopefully," I said.

"Melissa Benoist," the casting woman called out.

"That's me," Melissa said.

"Break a leg," I told her.