All Good Things

Jamaica is just what I needed, I needed to relax and let all the stress of my job go, along with the stress of Bailey. I've been laying out under the cabana now for a few hours. I have my water and a good book, I'm thoroughly enjoying my quiet time. Tom is inside he's been doing business most of the weekend. I thought we would enjoy the weekend together but his partner called and they have been off and on all weekend about this merger. I told him we could head back but he said it was nonsense, that he wouldn't take long, that was Saturday evening, it's Monday morning. We are leaving in a few hours but I just wanted to soak up the last of the peace before I head back to the city. To say this weekend for us personally is a flop is an understatement. We didn't even sleep together on Saturday night. I think he fell asleep on the couch, I understand business, so I'm trying not to be too disappointed, but eating dinner alone is not my idea of romance. I guess it's good to know now what I could potentially get myself into. I deside to cool off in the ocean before I head back up and finish packing, I have most of it done, except for shower stuff.

"Hello beautiful, how's the water?" I hear Tom comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"It was amazing, I'm just heading back up to finish packing, are you finished with your call?" I ask

"I am, I'm sorry about this weekend, I didn't think it would be like this, do you want to try again next weekend? You pick the place." He asks kissing my forehead.

"I can't this weekend, I have plans, this wasn't what I was expecting either, but it was just what I needed. Thanks for the trip." I say, I move to kiss his cheek. I head up to the beach house and grab my stuff to shower.

Tom follows me the bathroom and knocks lightly on the door, he walks in when he doesn't hear me respond, "Can I join you?" He asks while propping himself on the counter.

"I'm almost finished, you can have it all to yourself, I was thinking we should eat lunch before we go? Unless you want to go to lunch?" I ask while rinsing out my hair.

"You're upset aren't you?" Tom asks carefully

"What? No I'm fine, I just don't want to get back too late tonight. I have an early day tomorrow, I'm sure after one day my work is piling up." I try to sound even and totally unaffected, but the truth is my ego is a bit bruised. We've been so busy these past weeks, I was excited to have him all to myself, and it turned into a work weekend for him anyway. I wasn't thinking this was going to be a pivotal time in our relationship, but I did think he would have at least shut his phone off, I did.

"Catalina, I'm sorry, I have been working on this deal for ages, the guy finally agreed, we had to jump while he was ready. I'll make it up to you I promise." He says as I'm wrapping up in my towel.

"Tom, it's fine really, I get it. I'm not upset, I really have a lot on my plate when I get back too, I understand, your business has to come first." I say as I pat his chest. He furrows his brows, studying my features, finding nothing suspect in my eyes he leans in to kiss me. I return it but the passion I had felt on the plane ride here has dimmed a little, he's still gorgeous, and any woman would be lucky to have him in their bed, I just don't think I'm going to be the woman.

------------

Lunch was good, we went to this little outside vendor near the airport, I was determined not to make things awkward, I was going to enjoy the time I had left with Tom, when we get home I'll do what I always do, slowly fade away. Get too busy to hang out eventually Tom will move on, thinking he's rejected me and I won't feel bad for breaking his heart. We cleaned up lunch and he grabbed my hand kissing it as we walked to the jet waiting for us. It's so nice traveling this way, you miss the crowds.