Settled

I told my mom this weekend wasn't a good time to visit. Tom insisted on us getting away, and I really didn't want to refuse. He won't tell me where we are going, but I'm enjoying the suspense of it all. I've finished up most of my packing, but I have no idea why I am even bothering. I don't know where we are going so I don't know what to bring. He said pack light. Does he know know women?!

I am clearing my desk when there is a knock at my door, assuming it's Karen I beckon her in. To my disappointment I find Bailey, standing in the doorway in jeans and a black polo.

"What do you want?" I sigh

"It's been a while, I wanted to see how you are." He says as he walks further into my office with his hands in his pockets. His eyes look hopeful. Like I am happy to see him or something.

"I'm fine, I don't know why you are wasting your time. I don't want to see you anymore Bailey." I say. It's the truth, I'm uncomfortable with the confidence he has of coming up here. My eyes meet his and he doesn't even look hurt by my rejection.

"Can I take you to dinner? Lunch tomorrow, it's Saturday? There is a cafe down the block that makes a mean brunch?" He asks

"I'm going away tonight with Tom, Bailey. We are together now. Whatever you think is going to happen here isn't. I'd like you to leave." I bite out. His eyes flash anger while his jaw clenches.

"Where are you going?" He asks, straining interest.

"That's non of your business."

"It is my business. I miss you Cat. We belong together. You're just delaying the inevitable." He breathes out as he comes around to where I'm standing. This feels dangerous. I back up and grab for my phone.

"Bailey, leave me alone. We are through, you had your chance. This is over." I say as I hit Karen's number in my favorites.

"We aren't, we will never be, I'm the one you love. I know we screwed up before, I shouldn't have walked out on you. I didn't know you where here or I would have done this a lot sooner." He moves forward and grabs my hand. I quickly retrieve it. I'm going to have a panic attack, I hope Karen can hear us, I hope she calls security.

"Don't you ever touch me again, Bailey. If you don't get the fuck out of hear I'm going to call security and have your ass dragged out of here!" I yell out.

"He can't love you like I love you sweetheart. Your heart belongs to me, the sooner you realize that, the better off we will be." He breaths out, I don't know how it happened but I'm pressed up against the wall and he's inches toward me. He raises his hand and brushes the hair away from my face. I recoil, and he flinches.

"Don't be scared of me Kitty Cat, I'll never hurt you. I love you. I just miss you." He sighs, "I have wasted so much time. I don't want to let a single second fly by without you in my life." He leans down and brushes his lips against mine, and I fight the bile that threatens to come up. Where the fuck is Karen?

"Bailey, you need to leave, please." I beg, as tears start to pool. He pulls back slightly looking into each others eyes. I am desperate for him to leave.

"I'm coming back for you my love, I'm not giving up." He says as he backs up. I can't breathe yet, not until he's out of my office. Just as that thought comes to me the door busts open and in March 3 security guards.

"I was just leaving." Bailey says, "Think about it Cat, I'll be back." The guards escort him out and I heave out a huge breath. Just ask I sink to the floor Karen comes running to my side.

"What the fuck was that?!" She rushes out.

"I need a restraining order. How the fuck did he make it through security in the first place. He's on the list to stay away?" My tears are streaming now and I feel myself shaking.

Just One More Time (COMPLETE) ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें