Chapter 8: I Love You

Natsu's POV:

When I saw her, I was flooded with emotion. I was overjoyed to see her, but enraged to see her like this. She was in torn clothes and dirt all over her. Her hair was still in the bun, but it was messy. She was in chains. She smiled at me, tears running down her face. I ran into the cell and she sat up and I broke the chains. She engulfed me in a hug, we were both crying.

"Lucy, I-I missed you!" I said still in the embrace. I was so happy, I could stay like this forever.

"I did too. I knew you would come for me." She said slightly backing away. She smiled at me, tears in her eyes. Even like this she was beautiful.

"Always." I said looking deep in her eyes. We looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds.

I looked out the barred window, everyone was still fighting. They were all doing so good.

"They took my keys!" She said looking scarred.

"I know! We'll get them back! I promise."

We left the cell and ran, I saw a room that looked like an office when I was looking for Lucy. I couldn't remember where I saw it.

"You looking for these?" It was the same woman that had talked to me earlier. She was holding the keys.

"Yes I am!" I yelled, Lucy backed behind me.

"Fire blast!" She yelled and blew fire at me, I was relieved. And started to eat the fire. "What!? How!?" The woman said confused.

"Fire dragon roar!!!" I exclaimed as I blasted her with fire she fell back. She lunged at me, and tried to punch me, but I dodged. "Fire dragon iron fist!" I yelled and I hit her. She fell back and laid on the ground, knocked out. I ran over and grabbed the keys.

I bowed to Lucy holding out the keys. "Your keys, my lady." I said looking up at her. She was laughing and I smiled. But then, we heard something.

The ground started to shake. We both looked over and there was a giant metal creature. 5 times bigger than the one that was at Demon and Angel's house. The whole building started to crumble.

"WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE NOW!" I yelled.

Lucy's POV:

I was so relieved to see Natsu. I missed him like CRAZY. We ran through the fortress. The only thing blocking us from the exit was a rope bridge. We ran on it, but when we got to the middle the bridge it broke and we fell. It was about 100ft to the bottom. Natsu grabbed a row that was hanging down and grabbed me by the waist.

"There's no way out!" I said defeated.

"I know." Natsu said tears coming to his eyes. "This is the end." He added.

"NO!" I yelled tears streaming down my face. The rope started to break because of our weight. "Let me go! If you do you might be able to get out." I said, his face went sad.

"No, Lucy! I can't do that!" Natsu said tears now coming down both our eyes.

"Just do it! I won't mind." I said trying to smile.

"Lucy, I'd rather die than live without you." He said looking in my eyes, I couldn't believe it. "Because..because I love you." He added, he loved me! My mind froze. He loved me, I was happy but we were still hanging on to life by a literal thread. "And you might not love me too but--" I cut him off by kissing him. For a few seconds everything was perfect. I pulled away and we both smiled. "I love you too!" I said.

Then the rope broke and we fell.

Sorry about the REALLY short chapter but I wanted to end the chapter here. We're coming up on the end and I'm SO excited! Hope you enjoy! Also shout out to my friend Norway78, you should definitely go check her out of you're into vampires.

-Abigail