Chapter 5: The Dance

Lucy's POV:

I woke up this morning to find Natsu asleep leaning against my bookshelf.

"N-Natsu?" I said as I sat up in my bed.

"I'm sorry, I was..uh..worried about you, and I couldn't sleep." He said, he was worried about me!?

"Thanks." I said with a caring tone in my voice. "I have to go get ready but we can walk to the guild together..if you want."

"Yeah, sounds good." He said getting up. I went into the bathroom to have a bath and get dressed. When I came out Natsu was reading my book!

"LUCY KICK!" I yelled as I kicked him against the wall.

"What was that!?" He said with the wind knocked out of him.

"A Lucy kick!" I said, he just glared at me.

"That's not what I meant! When are you going to let me read your book Luce!?" He asked,

"Hopefully NEVER!" I replied he pouted at me. I smiled while I packed it away.

"You're going to love what we're doing at the guild today!" He said work a smirk.

"What are we doing!?" I asked curiously. What could he mean?

"I'm not telling you, you're going to have to wait." I pouted and he laughed. We left my apartment and started walking to the guild. I saw a happy family walking by, I sighed.

"What's up?" Natsu asked noticing my longing sigh.

"Oh, it's stupid," I said sadly, he grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"Seriously Luce, what's up?" He smiled. I took a deep breath and spit it out.

"It's silly, I've always wanted to get married and have 3 kids. Not 2 not 4, 3. I just, I don't know." I blushed.

"That's not stupid! That actually sounds really nice." He smiled at me. We were at the guild before we knew it. Everyone was bustling around more than normal. Then I herd Mira squeal.

"Lucy!" She said as she walked over. "Did Natsu tell you about what we're doing!?" She smiled at me and I shook my head. "We're having a dance!" She said full of excitement.

"Really!? That's so awesome!" Thoughts were racing through my brain, what to wear what to do with my hair (Cancer can deal with that) I was so excited. "When is it!?" I asked Mira.

"It's tonight!"

"TONIGHT!?!?
I HAVE TO GO!!" I said and emmediatily ran home to get ready, I couldn't wait.

I got home and summoned Virgo. "I need a dress for a dance tonight!" I said excitedly,

"I'm on it!" She said as she traveled back to the spirit world. She came back with a gorgeous baby blue ball gown. My jaw dropped. "You don't like it. Would you like to punish me princess?" Virgo asked,

"No it's absolutely beautiful!" I said in awe, "I love it!"

Next I did my makeup and then summoned Cancer.

"Hey baby!" *Snip snip*

"Hey Cancer, we're having a dance at the guild tonight--"

"Say no more!" He cut me off. He put my hair up in a beautiful high bun. After that I was 5 minutes late for the dance.

"I have to go! Bye Cancer!" I yelled as he started to disappear.

I ran out the door and went to the guild. I could hear the music from a while away. I walked in and to my horror everyone was in their regular clothes! Even Mira was wearing a regular dress. I was extremely embarrassed.

"Oh Lucy! I'm so sorry I didn't tell you!" Mira said feeling bad, "We all wear regular clothes to the dances at Fairytail!" She explained.

"Lucy got all dressed up, what a loser!" Gajeel remarked. That was the last straw! I ran out of the guild crying. I ran home as fast as I could and sat on my bed crying. Why am I such an idiot! I should have known that everyone would dress regularly! I'm so dumb! Things like this were repeating in my brain when I heard a knocking sound on my window, rocks!

"I TOLD YOU STUPID KIDS IF YOU THREW ROCKS AT MY WINDOW AGAIN I'D--" I stopped when I saw Natsu standing under my window dressed in a suit.

"Hey Luce!" He said, I was confused! Just a few minutes ago he was wearing regular clothes. Then it hit me, he dressed up so I wouldn't feel overdressed at the dance. I stopped crying.

"So are you coming!?" He yelled up to me.

"I can't go back, not now!" I said, feeling ashamed.

"Come on Luce! You're really going to make me go alone!" He winked at me.

"Fine, I'll go! But you can't leave me alone when we get there!" I yelled back, excitement filling me once again.

"I wouldn't dream of it!" Natsu said.

I ran as fast as I could down the stairs and out in front of my apartment.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed with a smile.

"Let's go." He replied, grabbing my hand as he walked me back to the guild hall. I was more excited than ever.

Natsu's POV:

Lucy and I were walking to the dance together. I held her hand the whole way. When we got there I could tell she was nervous, I was too. After everyone had made fun of us a little, bit we decided to dance. It was a slow song. Lucy put her arms around my shoulders and I put my hands on her waist. We weren't the only ones dancing. Elfman was enjoying his dance with Evergreen, Levi decided to dance with Gajeel and ice boy was dancing with rain chick for some reason.

"DANCING IS MANLY!" Elfman remarked, Evergreen face palmed. Juvia was so happy she could burst and I felt like the luckiest guy in the world.

We danced to more songs some fast some slow, I didn't leave Lucy. She seemed really happy.

After a while she's asked if we could go for a walk by the water. She told me she had to tell me something. I wonder if it had anything to do with what she talked about with Angel!? We were walking along the side of the water.

"So what did you want to tell me?" I asked, I could hear the hesitation in her voice.

"Well..umm..Natsu..I..uh.." she stuttered.

"You can tell me anything!" I said, she took a deep breath.

"Natsu I lo-" she said before collapsing on the ground.

"Luce!" I yelled and then I collapsed too! It was sleeping magic! It couldn't have been Mistagin because he was in Edolas! Then I saw him, a man in a black cape grabbed Lucy and walked off. I tried to scream but nothing came out! I tried to move but I couldn't!

And then everything went black.