Chapter 3: The Babysitters Pt. 2

Lucy's POV:

I started to wake up, I had a great sleep last night. I was surprisingly really hot...too hot! I opened my eyes and saw just what I had expected. Natsu was in the bed with me! I I had somehow migrated to the other side of the bed and now had my head on his chest!

"NATSU!!!!" I shreaked, I got caught in all the blankets and fell off the bed because of my panic.

"L-Lucy..." Natsu groggily said wile rubbing his eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked through a yawn.

"WHAT'S WRONG!? YOU WERE IN THE BED!" I yelled, surprised he didn't know.

"Yeah, that was the plan." He said, "oh and could you keep it down, it's 7:00am!" He remarked.

"What do you mean that was the plan!? I thought you were sleeping on the floor!" I said confusing myself.

"Well you fell asleep and I thought that you wouldn't mind, and well I don't know I just thought that since the bed was big it wouldn't matter." Natsu said feeling guilty, he was looking down and fidgeting with his fingers.

"It's alright, no harm done I guess." I said giving a warm
smile. He smiled back at me with a big goofy smile. "Well, let's get ready!" I remarked.

I walked into the bathroom and started a bath. I relaxed just me and my thoughts. Then I heard a knock on the door, "Lucy!" Natsu yelled from the other side of the door.

"Natsu? What's up!?" I asked wile I got out of the bathtub and wrapped a towel around my body.

"I don't know, I got this weird feeling and wanted to check if you were okay." He answered, I could here that he was really concerned. I opened the door.

"What kind of feeling?" I asked.

"I just felt like someone was watching me. But I'm just glad you're safe!" He said pulling me in for a hug, I was surprised at first but then smiled.

"I'm going to get dressed." I said heading over to my suitcase.

"Yeah me too!" He remarked, he was currently wearing soft pyjama pants and his scarf from Igneel. "So Luce, you excited to babysit!" Natsu asked, smirking at me.

"Well I haven't babysat since I was 14, but, this should be fun!" I exclaimed with enthusiasm.

After we both got dressed we left to meet the dad of the two kids we were babysitting. The town was beautiful! It was covered in snow and people were playing in it. I had an idea, snowball fight! I grabbed a snow ball and threw it at Natsu, it got him right in the face.

"Oh, it's on!" he exclaimed while flashing me a smile.

We threw snowballs at each other for a while laughing the whole time. I hid behind a tree while grabbing a hand full of snow, Natsu snuck up behind me and grabbed me spinning around.

"I got you!" He said, we both laughed. Then Natsu tripped on the root of the tree and fell, me on top of him! Our faces were now mere inches apart, I could feel Natsu's breath on my face. We were both blushing. I just laughed and Natsu joined in.

"We should get going." I said offering Natsu a hand getting up.

"Yeah, that was fun! I never knew something that cold could be so entertaining!" He remarked as he smiled at me and I smiled back.

"OH NO!" I yelled as I looked at my watch, we had five minutes to get there! I grabbed Natsu's arm and started to run, we were sprinting through the streets and smiling. It almost reminded me of the first time I met Natsu and we had to run away from the army, he was the one who said I could join Fairytail. I'll never forget that day!