twenty nine

Louis stepped back letting Anne walk in.

"Oh, please. Just call me Anne sweetie," she smiled, shrugging her coat off and hanging it on the coat rack in the foyer.

Louis smiled back motioning for Anne to follow him to the dining room. Anne looked around as she followed Louis, thinking to herself how nice her son's house was. Louis stopped in front of the already set up dining table, fiddling with his hands nervously.

"Harry's still upstairs, he should be down soon," Louis gestured towards the stairs.

Anne nodded and looked at Louis, noticing the necklace around his neck.

"Your necklace..." Anne breathed out.

Louis blushed, reaching up to feel the new jewelry, "Harry gave it to me."

Anne whispered softly, "It was my mother's necklace."

Louis' eyes widened, "Oh I'm so sorry," he reached up to take the necklace off, "I can give it to you if you would like."

"No, not at all honey. My mother gave that to Harry to give away to someone special. I just never thought I would ever see someone wearing it. I'm very happy to see he gave it to you," Anne explained, a little teary eyed.

Louis gave a soft smile, "So am I," hiding his giggle behind his hands.

Anne also laughed at the younger boy before taking a seat, "If Harry won't be here for a while, we can chat a bit."

Louis took a deep breath, glancing towards the stairs and after realizing Harry wasn't coming at that moment, he sat down in front of Anne.

"So tell me about yourself Louis."

Louis thought for a second before replying, "Well I have six siblings, five girls and one boy."

"Wow Harry only has his sister Gemma," Anne commented.

"Yeah he's talked about her before," Louis paused before continuing, "So some more stuff is I'm super smart too. I take advanced classes."

"Oh that's amazing Louis. What school do you go to?" Anne asked.

"I go to Hillcrest."

Anne raised an eyebrow, "Hillcrest as in the high school Harry went to?"

Louis nervously shifted under her sharp gaze, "Yes m'am."

"How old are you?" Anne asked, concerned now.

"'m 17, I'll be 18 next week though!" Louis defended weakly.

Anne gritted her teeth and muttered angrily, "Harry fucking Styles I'm going to kill you."

Louis' eyes widened as he watched the man who's name was just said, stroll into the room.

"Hello mother," Harry smiled unaware of what was about to happen.

Anne stood up angrily, her chair screeching against the hardwood floor, before stomping over to Harry and poking him in the chest, "How dare you Harry Edward!"

Harry, shocked, backed up, "What?!"

Anne swung her arm out angrily towards Louis, "He is 17. Jesus Christ!" Anne swatted at Harry's chest again.

"Ow Mum, stop!" Harry stepped sideways out of his mother's arm range, "Will you let me explain!"

Anne took a deep breath, running her hand over her face, muttering, "Seventeen, he's seventeen."

Harry rolled his eyes, "Yes mum, he is. Now please sit down," Harry said holding out her seat for her. Anne sat down with a huff.

Harry walked around the table towards Louis, who was watching the mother-son exchange with wide eyes. Harry sat down, grabbing Louis' hand, "Hi love," pressing a kiss to Louis' temple. Louis gave a small smile, squeezing onto Harry's hand for comfort.

"Now what would you like to know," Harry asked facing Anne.

"Why you're with a seventeen year old," Anne said bluntly, crossing her arms, "That is illegal."

"I'm aware but there's nothing weird about our relationship, mum. He knew I was older and I knew his age also. I care about him. Please just look past his age, for me," Harry asked looking at his mom with sad eyes.

Anne's anger was fading but she still asked, "What about his mother? Does she know about this?"

Harry pursed his lips, "Louis' mother is not in the picture."

Anne sighed, looking at the hopeful expressions on both of the boy's faces.

"Do not hurt this boy Harry Styles or I will end you. I brought you into this world and I can take you out," Anne told him.

Harry's eyes widened and Louis let out a laugh.

"Mum you're supposed to be on my side," Harry whined.

"Yeah you gave that up when you started dating a boy eight years younger than you," Anne sassed.

Harry laughed and said, "Touché."

Harry looked down at the smaller boy by his side, smiling fondly, "Don't worry I couldn't forgive myself if I hurt you. I love you."

Louis blushed, "Thank you."

Anne smiled at the interaction, she was really glad Harry found someone to be happy with even if he was younger than she would have liked.

"Dinner should be ready, let me go get that," Louis told the two before scurrying off to the kitchen. Louis returned with a couple plates followed by the chef with the rest of the dinner.

The table was set up quickly and the trio started eating the delicious meal.

Anne and Louis talked more, Louis even got to the point where he was comfortable around Anne and making jokes with her.

"So how did you two come to live together?" Anne asked.

Louis looked at Harry, not knowing how to respond so Harry did for him, "We had been dating for a while and because Louis lives alone, I figured it would be better for him to move in with me and we've been pretty happy with the arrangement ever since. Louis still has his old home in case anything ever happens but I'm here for the long run with him."

Anne and Louis both gave Harry wide smiles and Louis kissed Harry's cheek in thanks for being such a good boyfriend. Dinner was finished quickly and they all headed towards the foyer to see Anne off.

Anne grabbed her coat from the rack and turned around to face the couple, "Thank you for having me Harry and Louis, I very much enjoyed this. I would like to come visit more often."

Louis smiled, "As long as you call ahead so I know to have clothes on."

All three of them laughed at that. Anne hugged Louis whispering in his ear, "You are the person meant to wear that necklace and you can call me if you need me for anything." Louis squeezed the older woman tightly, she was the perfect mom.

When she hugged Harry she also whispered some advice into his ear, "He deserves the necklace and he's fragile. Treat him right."

Harry nodded, "I will mom," he let go, opening the door for Anne, "We'll hopefully see you sometime soon." Anne walked out, waving to the two boys before Harry shut the door behind her.

Louis let out a sigh once the door was shut, "I guess that could've been worse."

Harry laughed, pulling Louis into his arms, "It definitely could have."

~~~~~

{1160 words}

42k+ reads wowowoow you guys are honestly amazing I love you so much

all the love,

c