Black and White

.oOo. .oOo..oOo..oOo.

Author's note: First of all, thank you all for reading this story and voting for it.You people are amazing. I apologize for the delay in updating, I had a severe writer's block about this arc and I am the kind of person that works in bursts of inspiration. However, since this story got such good response, I've decided on posting at least one chapter per month(I hope it works out).

.oOo..oOo..oOo..oOo.

Kate knew she was in the dream world even before she opened her eyes. She suddenly felt heavy like there was about 15 pounds per square inch of pressure on her. She opened her eyes to find a beautiful blond girl with the most alluring eyes, smiling kindly at her. She didn't know why but she felt scared. 

"Here, have some water", said the kind lady. Kate involuntarily stretched her hand out and took the glass. She almost screamed when she realized that the hands were smaller and tanner than hers.She tried getting up but it seemed like she had no control over her body as her hands lifted the glass to her lips. She realized she was inside Sarah's memory. Now, she was Sarah, that means she would feel what Sarah felt then and remember what Sarah remembered. Dammit!

Sarah's memories came flooding into her mind.Kate had never really thought of the girl much but the one stark difference that she noticed was that Sarah felt everything at a deeper level than Kate. Even when Kate was alive, she never felt anything this intensely. Sarah had been a ballerina ever since she could remember. After her mother died, ballet was the only thing that she felt connected her to her mother, so she continued. Ever since her mother died, Sarah had devoted all her time to practice, making her the best in her age group. She was widely known for how well her dancing displayed the emotions the characters were feeling. Sarah was ten now and she had won an award after competing at a world level, when she lost consciousness. Kate in Sarah's body took another sip of water.

"Oh, you're finally awake," a man's voice came from the right and her head moved to look up at a guy about her father's age. He was standing by a pink door that looked a lot like her room's door. Kate realized that maybe after this incident, Sarah had changed houses because the door to her room was not pink anymore. Her body shook uncontrollably and she dropped her glass of water.

The kind lady picked up the glass while the man spoke."Don't worry, I don't intend to hurt you."

" Where am I?" Sarah's voice spoke, it didn't sound as scared as she felt.

" In my house," the man answered.

"Why does this room in your house, look exactly like my room?" Sarah countered, hoping her fear was not blatantly visible.

"Because I made it for you," the man gave an eerie smile.

"How long do you want me to stay here?" Sarah asked.

"Forever," he decided.

Sarah nodded, gulping slightly,"Why?"

"Because I like beautiful things and you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen," the man said it as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

Sarah nodded, not believing him,"What do I do here?"

"Just live the way you have until now. But you are not allowed to perform in front of other people"

Sarah nodded because she was not sure she would sound calm.

"You never asked who I was", the man said.

"You are a crazy person, I don't need to know anything more", Sarah answered.

The man laughed, then left the room. 

Sarah behaved the way she usually would. She was horrified to find he knew everything about Sarah. The time she got up. The time she went to sleep. Her favorite books, favorite foods.Except, she was not allowed to leave the house.

There were no clocks or watches in the house and the kind lady didn't speak much and only came when called for. She reminded Sarah of a robot.

Sarah had started keeping a tally of days since the very first one, according to her sleep pattern.Every time she got up, she added a dash. The man, made Sarah perform every week but otherwise left her to her devices. It had been two weeks and nobody had been looking for her. 

'Maybe Dad got busy with an experiment and forgot about me,' the thought came to her suddenly and stayed.

Sarah fought the urge to scream and cry when the kind blonde lady brought her breakfast with an e-book and got her yoga mat ready. Sarah opened the e-book to find it was not the usual favorite.

"This is master's autobiography," the kind lady spoke in the most mesmerizing voice.

Pian Que. Kate knew him but young Sarah did not. 

He was a genius kid from China who had often been called the father of modern medicine.That was what most people in the world knew.

Kate knew this man was a monster, he kidnapped people and experimented on them. He was one of the people that knew about supernatural creatures. He had experimented on her during the research in creating portals.Wierd, he looked different now.  

'So he had a plastic surgery after an accident at the watchtower.', Sarah thought.Kate smirked, 'I did a good job of destroying his face'.

Sarah thanked the kind lady and for the first time looked into her eyes, realizing, the lady had blue eyes. They shone even when the lady stood in a dark corner of her room.

Sarah knew stories she knew how to read them. The trick to reading stories well is reading between the lines. To notice what is written and what is omitted.

She realized, nothing was written on how he got the results he did. Nothing was written on his test subjects.

Suddenly, there was a handkerchief in front of her. Sarah realized she was crying.

"Who are you ?" Sarah asked.

"I don't have a name," he kind lady stated.

Then it occurred to Sarah, why she was really here.

Sarah gulped,"How many people like me has he brought here?"

"None," the lady replied.

"Then how many people has he brought without their consent?" Sarah asked, hiding her shaking hands and keeping her voice steady.

"I don't know," the lady stated and then walked to lay the yoga mat where it should be.

"Are you one of them?" she asked.

"Not one of them", the lady answered.

Sarah broke out in cold sweat. The guy was pursuing beauty and capturing people and this lady was the most beautiful person she had ever seen...

"When were you born?" she asked, her voice trembling.

The lady looked sadly at her,"You need to exercise now or your whole routine will be ruined."

She wasn't. She was made.