Are you ready to believe?

"She was dead to begin with", a kid said in a hushed voice, eyes darting around, capturing the eye of the small group huddled around her,"I swear I saw her, one second she was... she was.. There, and then she was suddenly, not", she whispered this time looking directly at Sarah.

Sarah's eyes were twinkling with excitement."Really!!!", she said, grinning ear to ear while everyone else cringed away. Her friend went ahead and explained how she had seen a ghost in the library. She swore the ghost was looking directly at her like the ghost knew she would be there at that moment.

He sighed. This kind of rumor had been going on in the school for the last hundred years or so. He knew what was going to happen next, so he knew what he had to do.

He tried to remember exactly what he knew about this little... Situation...

The story about a pale, beautiful girl in white, looking at the stars. They say she looks at them every night. But sometimes she is not there. Normally, the next day there is a lot of commotion in the news. Personally, he didn't care. But since she cared and was going to spend a night in the library, he had decided to spend the night there before she did. 

That was how he ended up in the library. In the middle of the night. He looked at the sky from where he sat, trying to see what that ghost would see if she was real. Then he noticed a falling star. People say that if you wish on a falling star, the wish comes true. He wished for her. Sarah, he thought closing his eyes.

 When he opened them, he saw a pair of eyes. They were definitely darker than black, blacker than the night sky. Then he realized, he was supposed to be the only human in the library... But then that means.... "I wonder why humans wish upon a falling star, what good can a star be if it itself is falling".

 Her voice was the most beautiful thing he had ever heard. Unlike the rumors, she was not wearing white, she was not that pale either. In his opinion, the only give away that she was not human was that her feet were not touching the ground and she was missing her right shoe.

"So you like Sarah? That pretty girl who doesn't even notice you? ", she mumbled to herself, looking at the stars, "So you really came..... I thought the star's were lying this time because they say you can see and hear me", she smirked floating in the air.

"I can", he replied, looking puzzled. She looked at him directly for the first time, looking shocked, then scared, and then she backed towards the wall but went straight through it.

So she was the ghost. He smiled. If he hadn't seen Sarah, he would have thought she was the most beautiful girl in the world and the cutest.

He sighed, standing up and dusting his pants. He needed to talk to this ghost. Tell her not to scare Sarah Sparks tomorrow when she comes to complete her dare. She came back, her face curious now.

"How did you get in? ", she asked nobody, in particular, "All the doors and windows are sealed shut."

He tried to remember."I got in through the door", He said roaming around looking at the tall shelves.

She looked even more curious, "How can you see me...."He didn't think she was expecting him to seriously answer, but he responded anyway.

"Everyone can see you", he said.

"Well, yes", she replied, "but that is only when the Moonlight is touching me and they are scared or excited. Not in sunlight, especially not in the dark. Moreover, they can never hear me", she completed, sitting on the ceiling, upside down, still looking at him.

He shrugged. "I can see you and hear you". She looked overjoyed one moment and then she started to cry. Then falling from where she was sitting on the ceiling, upside down, "You can?"She asked all teary eyed. "But how?" she was halfway down and he was sure she was going to hit her head. But instead she changed position and was in front of the windows before he could blink. Looking at the stars. Looking like she was trying to read a book.