Forlorn Prince-5

Kate waited,as the orb turned from a chair to a box then a basket,like a girl that just can't figure out what she wants to wear .

Then an aeroplane,diamond ring,a cockroach,tiger.It stayed a tiger for a second looking at her with its glowing,amber eyes,ready to pounce and just as it was about to lurch into motion , it turned into a squid, then an orange,a mango, a bunch of bananas.

All of this in mere seconds,then it started doing more planar surfaces,a wall,a window,a door,then a mirror ,then ,it stopped.

Kate saw herself,trembling,a grin spread across her face but it was not a smile,it looked something much more sinister than that,it looked inhuman and it caused her to scream and fall back.

"Ouch!" she hissed falling on her behind as her reflection stared at her with those eyes, completely black and no pupil,an unnatural grin spread across her face.

Kate closed her eyes and gathered her courage.She was caught in a nightmare, for the last 200 years and she didn't seem to be able to have wake up from it .

You can deal with this.Deep breaths.You've had this nightmare before.You kill her or she kills you. Chances are,you will win, she told herself.

When she opened her eyes, a smile welcomed her back,this time it was Blake,on his knee,like a prince.

"You all right?",he said ,his concerned eyes accessing her from head to toe.

"I came to save you,"she cleared,a smile, on its own, deciding to come and sit on her lips.

"So I ask,Are you OK?",she shot.

Blake rolled his eyes.She always dodged questions like "You Fine?".

"Something is terribly wrong with ..",he started but stopped when he noticed the drastic change in Kate's expression, a quiet scream filled the room as she closed her eyes and covered her ears.

Then he heard it too,his entire body stiffened,his posture erect as a flag.It started with a jumbled cacophony of voices ,harsh and soft whispers ,speaking over each other.He could hear whispers in the wind,like it was talking.

He tried to concentrate,"Leave," it said. "Leave," it whispered. "Leave!" it mewled silently. Then silence. An icy chill rolled over him,making its way along his spine and sending goosebumps all over his body.Then a single voice pierced through the sudden silence like an arrow,a faint breathy whisper sounding right in his ear,as if a pair of lips were pressed up against them."Leave..."

Kate opened her eyes and Blake just knew she had heard it too.He opened his mouth but Kate looked behind him and then she was gone.He turned around to notice a mirror.

When did that get here? he thought.

He looked at himself in the mirror.The other him pale,with black beady eyes and no pupils smirked,a devilish, evil smirk that made him want to run away and hide.

He transported next to Kate.Not because I am scared,he told himself,but because she might need help. She was walking around calmly,touching the mirror frame,she went to see what was behind it.

Though it was clearly an ancient relic of a mirror. Blake went ahead and touched the glass,sending ripples on its surface.

"Don't touch the surface",Kate mumbled,clearly too engrossed in her observations to notice had already done exactly that.

He pulled his hand back and went as far away from the mirror as possible in such a way that he didn't have to see his reflection again,only the sides of the frame were visible.He heaved a sigh.

How could Kate be so calm? Her reflection was just as creepy and she was still looking at the mirror. Blake looked at it again and it made his skin crawl.

Then he heard footsteps,noticing the distant sound of bells in the background had turned into them.It resounded in the room echoing off the walls and then he saw a body being dragged by what looked like the humanoid male creatures ankle.

The boy's shoes falling off as one of his legs was in the air. The pulling continued till his battered,soiled clothed body was completely out. Then the invisible force left him and his leg fell,leaving the body crumpled on the floor. The ankle was at an odd angle with the rest of his body.

Blake closed his mouth that he didn't remember opening.He looked at Kate and she finally noticed something strange going on.When he looked back,the body was gone.Kate looked at him ,asking what happened.Blake didn't say anything,maybe it was just his imagination.He shrugged and went ahead and stood next to Kate."We need to save Sarah," he stated.Kate stopped smelling the mirror and nodded.

"Come on,"she said calling him to a wall.She placed her ear on a wall and closed her eyes.

"This is not a time for a lesson!" he grumbled.She glared at him.He huffed and mimicked her.

"Now think of Sarah,"she instructed."Not a tough job for you",she mumbled under her breath .Before Blake knew what was happening,Blake could hear Sarah clearly.

"Dad,I'm fine...Don't worry",she was saying."Thank you Sam!",she said cheerfully.Blake tried teleporting wherever she was but it didn't work.

Of course! He needed to see where she was so that he could teleport there.

"She is wet," Kate noted,"and going home with her father".

"How can you see her from here?",Blake asked.

"The nano cameras,they are everywhere",Kate smirked.