Securing A Future

Finian's POV

The mid-morning sun hits her delicate blue dress that makes her eyes stand out sharp and bright. She looks soft like a melody, my chord striking, vibrating out as a menacing growl.

Proceed with caution it says.

Hair tied back in a braid that's draped across her shoulder. A light pink gloss covers her pale lips. She takes another step inside, and I notice she's barefoot. Holding the towel to my face, I track her movements that aren't hostile.

Her foot lifts up ready to take another step I give her a warning growl that I'm still not pleased with her trying to kill me.

The fabric of her dress makes her look as if she's a present wrapped in thin sheets of light silk.

Stunningly beautiful.

The life inside her is just starting to round out her belly; it's a small baby bump hardly noticeable except the way her hands are placed around her middle it accentuates the area.

Draws my eyes.

It's a challenge not to lift fang to her cautious approach; she's unable to hold my eyes now. No challenge is coming off of her, the only thing that I smell is slight rotting fear. She peeks her eyes up now and then fluttering her lashes before looking down posturing her submissiveness.

She looks so different, vulnerable, small, weak. The wolf in me wanting to shift, puff himself up in front of her letting her eyes fall on what will protect her now.

Standing in front of me, the pup's overwhelming powerful smell almost taking over Victoria's completely.

Dropping to her knees, wiggling into me, so she's between my legs with her body, my knee's touching her hips. I can feel her shaking uncontrollably, as if so scared that she can't control the movements of her body any longer. Her knees are touching my feet; her body feels cooler, not as warm anymore.

Growling faintly just to growl now, she lowers her head pressing her nose into my waist, taking long breaths in and out.

"I'm sorry." Her voice tinted in intimacy.

Her eyes are looking up she's giving me her best I'm sorry face. A little turned down lip, with big blue eyes that tell how regretful she feels.

Deliberate, slow movements have her climbing on my lap, with a butterfly touch she kisses my mark, before pressing her lips more against it. My hand's tucked under my thigh because I don't want to ruin this moment.

Her nose pushes into my chest inhaling deeply. The tension inside releasing one vertebra at a time. She's still looking at my eyes before looking away, gauging my mood.

Pulling the towel away, she looks at the cut before kissing it. Placing the towel back, she's now holding pressure on the wound that is still bleeding slightly.

Her head nuzzles into my neck, so I have to tilt it back, burrowing herself into my body, it's soaking up my heat. I can tell she feels safe in my arms; now her body is completely relaxed. We stay this way with the wolf giving a growl just for show to show her we have our teeth and we can use them if we want.

Taking the tie out of her hair, I begin to play with the loosening strands, uncoiling her damp hair. She sinking into me now, her whole body trusting in me to do her no harm.

"Victoria do you know how you made me look in front of them?" Her body stiffens, but I put my hand on her hip, thumb drawing calming small circles.

"Yes." It's a muffled sound because she won't meet my eyes, she's just got her mouth pressed against my chest.

"You kill too easily; I'm surprised that you left anyone alive once you took over from your father." Brushing my fingers through her hair, it's relaxing to the both of us.