Emotions

Victoria's POV

Muscle contracts, mild cramping spreads throughout my lower abdomen, it's not the violent pain that I'm used to. The sensation is as if someone is gripping me from the inside holding everything in place as a wave of contractions try to expel what my body has been preparing for all this month.

I can feel the wetness between my legs, the scent of rusty iron fills the air, another contraction pulses through my body, an internal struggle taking place.

Sitting up, I see him watching. He's laying next to me naked, bruised, scratched, fresh bite marks paint his body with my affections.

He can smell the blood, a released breath of stress pours from his mouth. The weight off his shoulders, happy that this didn't produce a future that he wasn't ready for.

Getting off the bed, a trickle of blood leaks down my leg "I need to go to the bathroom." Before I can get off the bed, he grabs my hand "This is for the best Victoria, maybe one day." He's happy, and a part of me feels sad slightly for the loss of something that I really never wanted but now that it's happening my thoughts have changed. He's opening doors inside myself that I never really thought possible of opening before him.

Sitting on the toilet, I wait for the powerful cramps to expel what took a whole month to make, I expect the waves of blood, tissue, and lining to come out. "Are you okay in there." His voice is gentle.

"I'm fine, I just need a few minutes." Closing my eyes, praying to the moon for the cramps to hit me. The wolf in me, exhausted, belly up snoring contently.

"Are you hungry." He's back at the door, I can't leave the bathroom, I can't move. The shock is rooting me in place.

"No" My appetite that has expanded this whole time is now receding like the waves from an outgoing tide.

I feel nausea at the back of my throat, I smell of sweat, blood, his fluids pungent on my skin.

The euphoria that we have been riding is slowly dripping out of every pores and reality is slowly oozing in.

Getting into the shower, I scrub away the days worth of mating, still waiting for the cramps to rack my body.

Denial is saturating my mind, making excuses as to why there isn't more blood, more pain. Maybe this time it's how it's supposed to be. There was some blood, and I do feel a slight cramping. Getting out of the shower, drying myself off, my body is painted with his affection, scratches, bruises...his teeth marks everywhere. Closing my eyes, he's not going to take this well.

Stepping out of the bathroom, he's crumpling up empty beer cans in his hands that remind me how a rabbits spine sounds snapping between my wolfs teeth.

"What's wrong." He can see it in my eyes.

"Do you feel okay? What can I do for you?" Concern leaking out his voice. I take a big breath why should this be so difficult to say between mates.

"Fin," holding his eyes, shoulders back, head straight, my heart ready to take his wrath. Pulling in a lungful of air I steady my voice.

"What is it, you can tell me anything." He makes his way over to me, hands on my shoulders. I look into his eyes that hold affection for me.

Maybe not love but something more than burning hatred. I am going to cause him once again to turn on me. This delicate balance that we have started is going to tip and fall, crash against the concrete, scattering the shards of my heart everywhere.

I raise my head meeting his eyes, shoulders back prepared for the blow that will come.

"You're scaring me Victoria."