another glimpse at the past.

i know i know.....but i just felt like it ;)

enjoy :)))

**********

I don't know what that old geezer wants with me, but I sure do hope that he has consented to my request.

"Sir, the Chairman will see you now." The blonde secretary came in and informed me. I stood up and straightened my suit. I stepped into the office and took my seat near the desk.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about baita?" he asked. I cleared my throat and began.

"I will be candid Chairman, I know that you will not approve, but I believe that I have proved myself and now I want the President's position at my company." I said briefly and frankly.

He gave me a solemn look. I know what he's thinking now.

"I know what you're thinking; I'm still too young and inexperienced. That much is true but the experience that I have acquired is enough for me to become President. So...please." I beseeched. He only looked at me with a blank stare.

"Dada Jaan, I have never asked anything from you. I know that you think that I'm not the right person for the position. I know that I have done a lot of wrong in life and I have made bad choices. But please, just give me a chance." I pleaded. He sighed and got up.

He had his back to me as he stared at me. I also got up and went to him.

"Alright." I heard him mumble. I beamed at him.

"Thank you. I promise that I will not let you down." I hollered in joy. But the way he looked at me told me instantly that there was something more. My smile got immediately wiped out.

"On one condition Shehzad. If you accept my proposal, then I will agree to your request." He stated critically.

I gulped. "Okay, what is it?"

He loosened up and sighed as he turned to me and took my shoulders in his feeble hands. I am always amazed that this man's strength even at the age of ninety.

"I have chosen a girl for you. She's young and she's the daughter of a very good friend of mine. Her parents have recently passed away and she has been orphaned. I want to take her in my family." I asserted. I frowned and narrowed my eyes at him.

"She's a good girl, just two years younger than you. She's refined, educated and most of all, she has your temperament." He stated further.

"Just get to the point!" I almost shouted. I cannot believe where he's going with this.

He looked me straight in the eye and replied. "I want you to marry that girl Shehzad."

My breathing was expanding as anger and frustration boiled inside of me. Whatever he said to me was beyond any comprehension for me.

I was filled with disdain and disbelief.

"Me? Your asking me to get married? And to no one other than a fucking girl from fucking Pakistan?" I shouted scornfully.

He was very calm. I guess that he had it coming.

"I know that you don't like the prospect of getting married, but I will not give you the position of President until you get your life straight. Marriage is the only way you can fix yourself."

"No!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.  "I fucking don't agree to this shit. Me and marriage? You have got to be fucking kidding me gramps." I stated in English and started to laugh without humor.

He only folded his arms. "I do not care and watch your language, young man." He claimed.

"You know what old man, you can keep that position for yourself. For all I care, you can just fuck with it." With that, his palm came upon my cheek as an attempt to slap me and you shut me up. It worked because I looked at him in shock.

He had never raised even a finger at me. Well, I guess I was out of line.

He was fuming but still managed to keep himself composed. "My offer still stands. You have a week to think about it. You can't run away from this." He retorted.

"Afsos(Sadly), I regret that I couldn't send you to get an education in Pakistan. At least you would have been able to show some respect and dignity."

I stormed out before he could say another word.

"Are you done drowning yourself yet?" I heard a familiar voice to which it earned my groan.

"Not yet." I said as I took another shot.

"You wanna tell me about it?" Larry enquired. He must've deduced that I was having a bad day and a bad decision in my mind.

"No." I grumbled. He nodded as he took a shot from the bartender.

"It can't be that bad?"

"It is this time." I hiccupped. I had been drowning myself in alcohol since this morning.

"That old man. He wants me to get married." I grumbled despite not wanting to talk about it. I saw his head move in a nod as his lips pursed.

"It's not a bad idea. I also agree. The old man had his head on straight with this proposal Shed. He's right. You need to settle down."

"Not you too Larr." I moaned. He patted my shoulder and got on is feet.

"Figure things out when you're sober." He said and left. I fell on my arms on the shelf.

When I got to my apartment, I just slept and didn't think about today's incident.

"Well, what's your answer?"

"I accept." I replied with a strong resolute.

He looked at me very solemnly.  "Alright. You must agree that you will take good care of her and you will make your life with her. No more debaucheries and no more fooling around." He stated. I just nodded.

I had something better in mind.

plz vote and comment :D

and i also have to inform you that IA this is gonna be a long story so i have decided to split it into 3 books :D

1-the differnt shades of white.

2-the darker shades of white

3- the brighter shades of white :D

what do you think???

vote and comment :))