CHAPTER 2- The Farewell Of A Patriot

TO BE PUBLISHED THIS OCTOBER

 vote, comment and add this to ur reading lists :D

thank u

**********

   I returned to Karachi after two days of imprisonment in the Haveili. I wasn't allowed to interact with anyone after the Nikah ceremony. I guess that it was a good thing, because I wasn't in the mood to be talking to anyone anyway. The only thing I wanted was to be with my friends.

   My house was in DHA phase 2. Abu had worked very hard to build strong walls for his family, and by the time I turned thirteen, Abu presented us with a beautiful villa that we could call our own. This was my home; my sanctuary.

   The gatekeeper opened the gate and stepped into my sanctuary after such a long time. All the servants of the house were so glad to see me. But I'm sure that their happy faces will turn sour when I tell them the news that I have in store for them.

   Zainab Baji left me on my own; she understood my privacy. The house was the same, just the way I left it. Only the number of inhabitants had changed. I requested the driver to take me to the bank. I took my father's debit cards with me. I had no idea what to do, but I had to empty all the available accounts. If this whole farce didn't work, then I'll have to have some sort of contingency plan. And for that, I'll need every single rupee.

   Surprisingly, the bank manager was an acquaintance of my father; he took care of everything for me. A total of two of ninety lac rupees were in all the accounts. I was plenty I suppose.

   I'm so glad that those conniving thieves didn't take this money. Besides, they already took away the millions worth of inheritance from me, an orphan. And they call themselves Muslims. They don't even know that God's wrath will be soon upon them; for oppressing an innocent orphan like me. I hope that the things that they have deprives me of, I pray that it would never benefit them. Thus is the fate of all those who commit Haram acts.

   I returned back to my house and the first thing I did was post my passport. After that, I began to calculate all the servants' wages. It took me some time. Now I was beginning to understand a wife's position a little bit. Ami always kept a diary to balance out her daily duties. I was in my father's study. I'll need a few things that I would have to take with me.

   I dismissed the chauffer, the cook and the gardener. I decided to keep the maid and the gate keeper and the security guard. Even if I leave and I don't know when I will be back, but this house is mine and it is precious to me; full of memories.

   At night, I explored my parent's bed room. Since I was a new bride, so I needed to take a few things of my parents', through which I could draw out some courage. All the important keys to the locks and the safe were entrusted to me whenever Ami and Abu had to go somewhere. My little brother was three years younger than me and he would always tag along with them. Unlike me, my brother, Haris, was very introverted and shy. Only if he hadn't gone with them, then I wouldn't be suffering alone right now.

   I opened the safe. There was money and my mother's gold jewelery. Now it all belonged to me. I took a bag from the storage room and carefully placed all the boxes of jewelery in it. I'm not used to such extravagance. I don't know if I would even need these.

   I wonder what kind of women Shehzad likes. Now that I'm his wife, I'll be responsible for his happiness and satisfaction. So whether I like it or not, I will have to take these things with me.

    Besides, I know that this is a challenge for me. Living in the west means that there will be many distractions there, and I will have to be very careful. Since Shehzad is rich and must have everything, then I'm afraid of a very terrifying reality. And even if my assumptions are correct, then what if I don't get along with him. Divorce is always an option, but I can't request for a divorce unless I don't even try to get along with him. Nikah is no joke. It's a sacred injunction.