CHAPTER 3- A Disappointing Welcome.

TO BE PUBLISHED THIS OCTOBER

OK....THANKS A LOT YOU GUYS FOR READING MY STORY.

KEEP READING.

vote!!!!!!!!

I was going to New York City today. My visa was approved much earlier than I had expected and now, after a month had passed since the Nikah ceremony, I was on my way to be rejoined with my Husband. And thus, my days as Khadija Quraish ended and now my days as Khadija Atish will begin. How easily was everything belonging to me bargained for?

For that matter, in order to be recognized as the wife of a famous and successful industrialist, I was going to USA on the Atish enterprises' private plane. This was going to be my first time to travel alone.

'They could have booked a normal first class seat in PIA for me.' I thought as I got seated in the second row chair. This was the first time I saw the interior of a private jet. It was American alright, the flight crew was American and the air hostesses were dressed in uniforms that revealed their bare legs. Just looking at such a thing in reality was embarrassing enough. It different on TV but looking at such women up close is just straight nasty. I wonder how will bear such scenes when I see such shameless women in New York City. It's not like I have never been abroad before, I have lived in Paris for two years and I even visited Europe many times with my family, but I never saw such women there.

'Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it. It's not my problem anyway.' I thought sarcastically. I relaxed into my chair. It was quiet comfortable. An air hostess came to serve me some juice.

"The Chairman specifically instructed us that we show you our most utmost qualitative service, so I hope that you will enjoy your flight, Miss." She said in a very gentle and welcoming voice and beamed at me.

The Chairman—so she's referring to Shehzad's Grandfather, since his father and my father in law was dead . I nodded and gave her a small smile. I could see that the juice was from a Pakistani local product, so it was safe to drink it. I'll have to be very careful once I'm in America. No doubt that the Atish family are Muslims, but even Muslims get corrupted when they live in the west, and that family has been living there for so long, maybe, they became pseudo Muslims or something.

I guess I'll find out soon enough. I began to look out of my window. It was a rainy day in Lahore. I was leaving through Allama Iqbal international airport. Zainab Baji was the only person who came to see me off. I miss Pakistan already. I miss the heat, the rains, the air, everything.

The captain announced that the time for departure had come, so fastened my seat belts. My heart was pounding and my throat and chest tightened. Tears overflowed my eyes.

"Good bye, my home....." I breathed, trying to control my tears.

**********

I arrived at John F. Kennedy international Airport, New York City, after a thirty two hour flight, although, the plane had to stop in Dubai on the way. I was dead tired by that time, although I got plenty of rest in the VIP lounge in Dubai. It was twilight when I reached New York. It was little chilly once I stepped outside the airplane. The captain personally escorted me to a lounge.

"The Chairman will be here in a few moments so please wait here." He courteously exclaimed and left. I was alone the big lounge. Everything looked so simple yet sophisticated. I hope that my new life here will be easy.

This the first time that I'm coming to USA; Abu wanted to bring us here during this year's summer vacations. He had everything ready and in about two months, we would have been here, but as tourists. Right now, my stay is only temporary, on an immigrants visa. Not until my citizenship is confirmed, I can go back to Pakistan whenever I want.