CHAPTER 1- The Threads Of Fate.

TO BE PUBLISHED THIS OCTOBER AS "SYMPHONIES IN WHITE". I HAVE ONLY UPDATED TILL THE #Wattys2014

My senses began to work when I heard the sound of the Mu'azin's call for prayer from the nearby Masjid. It was Fajr time now; only a few moments before sunrise. Watching the sun rise from a peaceful village is always soothing. But nowadays, nothing is soothing for me.

After the death of my parents and little brother, I was bought in by my paternal relatives. It's almost been a week since then. The police are still investigating into it. They were killed in a hit and run accident. I was living in Karachi. My father was a very successful businessman. Though he could only open a small factory in the beginning, but in the previous days, his business expanded. Although he came from a very well known and profound family and lineage, my father had worked hard and made his own fortune. That raised a lot of resentment and jealousy towards my family from my relatives.

My paternal family is part of the infamous landlords of Punjab or more like the feudal lords of old.

Old family and old family traditions.

Initially, my relatives still obey the classic Punjabi customs and are bind to them. These customs were very ancient, which is one of the root causes why my father always kept me and my brother from ever meeting with my relatives or coming to Punjab.

At least they were decent enough to take me in. but I don't completely trust them. They must have some sort of ulterior motives.

My grandfather is the village leader and the chief Chaudhery. Most of the lands in this village belong to him. My father was the second son in line. He could have inherited some of the lands, but after his death, I guess that that right of inheritance goes to me, but after my father's death, I didn't inherit a single dime. All the money in his major accounts vanished over night, and the rest of the little property he had, my grandfather and my uncles are handling it—at least that is what I was told.

The next in line of kin to my father was my mother. If I don't do something about this, then surely, my relatives will usurp it all. What will I do if that happens. I'll need that money to continue my studies. One of the rotten old customs of the Chauderies of Punjab is to keep women from acquiring education.

But I know one thing for sure; I absolutely cannot trust these people. If Abu didn't, then I will not either. This whole situation is a lot more complicated then I thought.

"Urge...," I mourned. All this thinking so early in the morning is going to cause my migraine to return. I was finally able to get a good night's sleep last night. But I had to use sedatives for that matter. After the funeral, which was held in the village and I shifted here, I couldn't get even a wink of sleep. It was mainly due to my constant mourning and sadness. Second was the fact that I kept on blaming Fate for my situation.

Another shade of white......., the merciless white of Fate.

**********

After performing the ablution, I felt quiet refreshed. Ami always told me that the ablution cleanses the body and the Nama'az refreshes the soul. My sloppiness during the past weak caused me to miss all my prayers. I feel guilty. I have no right to blame all of this on God. I just hope that God has something good in store for me in the near future.

After I finished, I raised my hands for Du'a. There was only one thing that I wanted from ALLAH now. "Oh ALLAH, please take care of me, You are my only salvation and my protector. I leave my fate in your most capable hands. Also please grant my family a place in heaven and forgive them for their sins....." I had realized that my eyes had welled up. "Please oh my Lord, my Rabb, please forgive me. I don't know anything but I have this feeling that maybe you are punishing me for some crime that I might have committed. If so, then please, please forgive me." Wiping my hands on my face, I got up and took out the Qur'an. I need God's guidance, especially at this trifling time of calamity.