A GLIMPSE OF THE PAST.

WELL, CONSIDER THIS AS A TREAT CHAPPIE TOO :P

PLZ VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT :)))))

***********

A YEAR AGO.

"Dia, get up." Ami shook me. I slowly opened my eyes.

"I'm up."

"Acha, come down for breakfast. Is your revision complete?" she asked as she prepared my uniform. I sat up and made a face.

"Ami please that, I can do that myself." I said as I jumped on my feet and took my things from her. She beamed at me and touched my cheek.

"Anything for my baby girl."

I smiled and kissed her hand. She went down stair. I quickly got ready and went to join my family for breakfast. Abu had left already and Haris was already done.

"Jaldi, the buss will be here soon." Ami claimed. I quickly ate up my cornflakes and gulped down my tea.

"Dia Aapi, Abu said to tell you that he will pick you up from school." Haris mentioned. I nodded in the affirmative. Haris left when his van came and soon after, mine arrived as well.

"Good luck with your exam Dia." Ami said as she blew on me with the Dua she was reciting. I smiled and ran to the bus.

Today was my Urdu exam, which I really had difficulty with learning, I took out my book and revised the poems once again—I really hated these nazams and ghazals. When we reached the school, Hina and Shumaila caught up with me at the gate.

"So how's your prep?" Hina inquired.

I shrugged with a pout. "Yeah, I guess its okay."

"Oh, don't worry. You always say that despite taking first place every year." Shumaila rebuked.

I chuckled. "Yes, but this is the deciding year. We have to give it our all."

They both agreed and we took our seats according to our role numbers in the examination hall.

After three hours of definite torture, we were finally free. We went to the school ground to chat till our parents came to pick us up.

"Wow, I made it." I cooed.

Hina beamed. "Yeah sure." She stuck out her tongue to me. I returned the favor.

"You kids." Shumaila, the mature bee slapped our backs teasingly. We laughed gleefully but we froze when we heard the final bell of the boys' school nearby.

"Hey hey, wait, he's gonna come out." Hina chirped as she gazed at the hotie Haroon Ashraf who was a few yards away from us, chatting with one of his friends. Yup, I like him. He's gorgeous, he's gora—fair, he's smart and Shareef and very very cool and nice. He typical pathan boy.

"Hey guys, I have good news for you." Hina said.

"What is it?"

Hina bit her lip. "We are engaged!" she shrieked. My smile wiped out.

"What do you mean?" I asked in disbelief.

She grinned like a maniac. "Me and Haroon. Well not yet techinically but his parents came over this weekend. I couldn't believe that they asked for my hand in marriage." She squeaked. I smiled lowly.