17|How come it's possible?

Start from the beginning

"Laila", he called out her name but that sleep was way too intense. He took some more breaths before getting up and leaving for his room.

Afternoon:

The sun was on the head blazing furiously on the blue sky that didn't had any hint of clouds roaming on it. It was a hot sunny day.

He pushed the papers of his deal in his bag and dumped the briefcase in the last cupboard that had a safety lock. With his lose sweat pants dangling down his lower abdomen he motioned to her room once again. The unconscious Laila again welcomed him, he jogged to her bed and placed his palm on her head to check her temperature when her eyelids lifted up slowly. He instantly retreated back his hand but she caught him touching her.

She looked in his eyes when he darted them away dumping his hands in his trouser pockets. When her eyes travelled up his naked abs she within a second averted her gaze feeling her eyelids and head heavy as rock. What was happening she was trying best to register it.

"You ok?" His question was more like a command. She let her eyeshutters fall and didn't reply him back.

He eyed her with sharp dagger but didn't utter another word.

"Here", he poured a glass of water for her, she flew open her eyes and let them travelled to his. She darted down her eyes to the glass of water in his hand but her muscles were so worn out that she didn't even have potential to move her hands. Her throat was stinging and she was in dire need of that essential liquid for life.

She felt a tug in her arm when she was slowly jerked to sit. His one hand had glass of water which he attached to her lips and with other he hold the nape of her neck letting her drink in the liquid. She closed her eyes when the liquid gushed down her wornout throat. He wiped off the trailing down liquid from her chin and neck before stepping two feet away from her bed. Her head hit her pillow and eyelids hugged again. He kept looking at her for few more seconds before going away from her back to his room.

Night:

The night dawned upon and there was no sign of that man, Laila felt asleep as soon as he left but a while ago she shrugged in her sleep coming back to the world. Her room was dark and there was deadly silence around. Her stomach growled for some food, she felt so much weak. Her head still heavy as rock but she flinched under the duvet and tossed it aside before jerking up herself sitting straight on the bed. Some footsteps grabbed her attention, her eyes travelled to the door and there he stood with blank expressions on his face. He swivelled around and walked away, she heaved a sigh but the footsteps caught her attention again. He stepped inside the room with a tray. Her heart leaped to her throat.

He almost snapped the tray of food on the bed in front of her with a bottle of water keeping his mouth sealed. She eyed the delicious food whose heavenly aroma filled in the whole room.

She was caught off guard by his actions, in afternoon he was checking her temperature and now he got food for her, acting like a husband? Strange. Way too strange.

"Eat these tablets after the food", his hard core voice made contact with her eardrums and she nodded lightly knowing that he picked her from the floor and placed her in the bed, when? she had no idea.

"And yeah don't you dare make up your mind with some ungrateful thoughts, cuz I know what you're thinking", his words halted her hands in mid air.

"This so called kind gesture for you is because I don't like getting accuse for any abuse in which I'm not at all involved", he kept continue, his tone was like he was letting out his anger on her.

"Do whatever you want to do or else go to hell, I don't actually give damn", with his final venemous words he left her sight. She heaved a sigh before nodding her head sideways.