Chapter 21

It's been about 3 weeks on the job and I feel alive.

"Cadence, Vernon, I have a job for you two." Chief calls us from his office. Boyd and I both give each other a look and shrug. We walk in and sit down. "You two have a job together. In South America. Werewolf hunters, Calaveras have caught two werewolves. You know the one who hired you. Deucalion. Bring them home. I'll give you their last whereabouts. Be prepared. Be safe." He finished. We nodded and got up.

We went back to our desks and packed up. When we got into my car the built in computer beeped. I opened the file attachments and saw locations and all. I turned my GPS on and followed its directions.

Derek's POV

"AHHHHHH!" Peter screamed/growled in agonizing pain from the finger that was just cut off.

"Maybe you shouldn't be so arrogant." I told him, in a snappy tone.

"Maybe you shouldn't have cheated on your fiancé that deserves the world!" He snapped back, with a more powerful tone. I didn't reply. I mean how could I? I deserve it. "Sorry. That was out of line." He apologizes.

"It's okay. I deserve it." I said, barely above a whisper. All of the sudden some hunters come back in. They are standing guard. Until we heard struggling up above where we are. Then shells start falling through the roof. For some reason I feel a calm aura over take me and my heart starts beating fast and I smile. Sparks are all over me and I'm at peace.

That's when someone breaks open the shacks doors.

Cadences POV

We pulled up to as far back as we can be so no one notices us.

"Lets do this." Boyd smirks. We do out 'good luck' hand shake and start. As I'm walking, there is a peace that over comes me, I feel sparks go through out my body and I smile. What's going on? I feel my heart beating radically. What's behind those doors. I see hunters. We lock and load our guns because it's not fair for them to have guns and us to just have claws.

We shoot the guns out of their hands and quickly run up to them. They try to start fighting but I easily round house kick a few of them and Boyd for whatever he did to knock them out. We open the shack he goes in first then I do. We knock out the hunters in here with the butts of our guns. When we stop me and Boyd are turned from the captured werewolves. We look at each other and then we do our victory handshake. As we turn around, my world just stops.

"C..." Derek whispers.

"Uhh Boyd, you unchain them, I'll go tell boss we got them." I said while backing out slowly. He nods and I run to the car.

I pick up my phone and call him.

"Cadence. Mission accomplished?" He asks.

"Did you know the werewolves were Derek and peter hale?!" I asked, roughly.

"Well yes." He said.

"And you didn't think to tell me?!" I asked.

"Because it would've twisted the mission. Deucalion hired you AND Boyd. Good job completing the mission, tell Boyd I said good job." And then he hung up. I let out a huff and throw my phone. I see all 3 of the guys walking towards the car. Boyd gets in the back with Peter and Derek gets in the front.