Chapter 14

I'm running through the woods trying to find the two run seats when I got a call from Derek.

"Hello?" I say through the phone.

"Meet is at the place we first met." He said before he hung up.

I made my way to the part of the woods  we met when Gerard cut that omega in half.

"We need help." Scott said.

"We have Isaac now." Derek says.

"I mean real help." Scott says.

"No offense." I tell Isaac.

"None taken." He nods.

"Who?" Derek asks.

"Chris." I say when I catch on.

I'm currently sitting in the driver seat of my car while Derek is in the passenger and Isaac is in the back. Scott is trying to talk to Chris. Even though Chris is holding a gun to his head.

"Do you really think this is gonna work?" Isaac asks.

"Nope." Derek replies.

"Sooo. Your sister." Isaac says. Derek gives him a look. "Never mind. I'll ask later." Derek gives him a more intimidating look. "Or never. Yeah. I'm good with never." He says more rushed out. I just laugh.

"It's funny how scared of him you are." I say.

"And you're not?" He asks me.

"No. Why would I be? And if anything. He should be scared of me." I say. And Derek gives me a look. I growl a little bit. Reminding him who I am.

"She's right." Derek says as he looks back to Scott and Chris. And that's when we notice Scott getting in his car. We follow them to the pools. That's where Lydia found a dead body. I recall hearing something about that while listening to Scott's conversation with Chris.

Scott never gets out of the car. We follow them back to the preserve. They get out of the car and Chris gets out a bag of hunting equipment. While Chris is talking to Isaac and Scott, I pull Derek over to the side.

"Can we just go? I haven't been near him since that night." I said.

"We need his help, C." He said.

"Did you forget I was a hunter? I can Do this too. " I said.

"Maybe we forgot after recent events." Derek said.

"Yeah. Guess so." I said and we walked back over.

"Scott. How good are you and your abilities?" Chris asked him.

"Most of the time. I try not to focus on what I can smell and hear." He said.

"Derek. Do you think you have a hold on your sisters scent?" Chris asked.

"No. I thought she died in the fire." He said. He looked at me and decided to skip asking me anything. I smelled something.

Allison's Blood.

That's all I needed to run.

I ignored the calls of Chris and Derek and kept running. I followed the scent to the school. I ran Cora and Boyd into the school and thought of a place they could go. So I ran into the boiler room. And then ran back out once they ran past me and locked the door. I breathed in victory. Until I listened closely.

3 heartbeats. I ran in there and and closed the door. They saw me. I fought them off as long as I could. Until I just held them away from me letting them scratch me and tear me to pieces.