Chapter 19

Throughout the past several hours, Derek and I have taken turns taking pain from Cora.

I finally decided to go get food for me and Derek. We need to keep up our energy and strength if we are going to keep taking Cora's pain. While I'm walking out, Isaac passes me. I smile and he smiles back.

I'm in my car, thinking.

Derek cannot have Cora die. It would totally break him. Just then I get a call from on my phone.

Unknown

Against my better judgement, I answer it.

"Hello?" I ask through the speaker.

"Cadence argent. Fearless hunter, Queen of werewolves." The male voice said, in an old English accent.

"Who is this?" I ask.

"You'll find out soon. Very soon. But just know. I'll keep in touch. Until next time, Cadence." The mysterious man says but all too quickly hangs up.

I'm so confused.

I pull into the drive thru. I'm feeling very weird. So I got wings and pizza. Then went to a different restaurant and got nuggets, burgers, tacos. Basically everything. Because we'll probably need it all.

I get back to the loft to come to a very intense stare down between Peter and Derek.

I set all the food on the coffee table and walk over to the Men.

"Peter knows how to save Cora." Derek says.

"What how?" I ask.

"We are the royals. We take her pain and then some. The only effect it should have is an extreme energy drop for a few hours or a day maybe. But there's a chance that one of us could die.." he said. "Before you say---" I cut him off.

"Anything to save Cora. But. Before we do. We should eat everything I bought so we'll have lots of energy." I said as I gave a small clap. He nodded. And after 30 minutes we are done. And it's was DEEEEEElicious. Mainly because I hadn't eaten in a while due to the hospital incidents and stuff. "So what exactly do we do?" I ask both of the guys standing near me.

"You and Derek take a hand of hers. Then. I want you to hold hands." We are about to do as Peter said. But we were stopped. "But. Before you do. Just remember how dangerous this is. One of you might not make it out."

"I don't care." Derek and I say simultaneously. We look at each other.

"If it saves Cora and Derek. I will risk it if I feel like something is going wrong. If I have to." I say while giving a confirming nod. "I'd rather Derek have his sister than lose her. I couldn't bare the thought of Allison dying..." I say.

"How noble of you." Peter said. We get into to place. "Now start taking pain. And then the rest will fall into place." So we did And it hurt. I felt the energy leaving my body. Until finally everything went black.

Third person POV

Derek and cadence both feel unconscious. Peter got worried and then he heard a rustle. Cora was waking up. She looked and saw both Royals on the ground.

After Cora and Peter giving them water, Derek woke up. When he finally came to, he jumped start to candences side.

"Why hasn't she woken up?" He asked them, mainly Peter.

"I don't know. Could be different reasons. All I know is that this will be a waiting game." He explained.

...........