Chapter 18: City of Psematá

Jin's POV

It was...I'm not sure but it was light out. The sun was shining in my room brightly as I traced my finger around a page of the journal.

I was reading the journal. It seemed to have sun damage and water damage ironically. The leather of the cover was full of cracks and the pages were dry and scratchy while other pages were ripped or the ink was seeping across the page.

Those pages were barely legible but I tried to figure out as much as possible.

At the moment, the book was talking about an island they found on their voyage...

The island is very nearby, we are hoping there are people on it who will be so kind to give us equipment. Maybe they would even let us stay, I hope we can stay. The water and the boat's constant tilting has been driving me mad. I need to get some time off the ship and touch land once again...

I quickly wrote that the man may be home sick or sea sick. I also noted the nearby island they seemed to be steering to.

We hit the island and we have made camp on the shore. It was getting dark so we lit a fire. I hope it does not draw to much attention. George says we must be prepared for everything so we are sleeping in shifts. I decided to take first shift, that is why I am writing, to pass time. George seems very ill or distant. He needs rest if we are going to complete our journey. I really do regret giving him those plans...

They have officially made it to the island, to the amount of pages which are left I do not think it is the mainland in Kalá, Nero, or Prodótis.
Apparently the author writes when he has nothing better to do. And George is sick, metaphorically or literally, I do not know. The author is regreting giving George the plans for his robot army.

Now to address that fire. Most likely going to draw attention to people if there are any on the island or draw attention to nearby predators. But since it is an island there won't be very large predators, though again I can't tell the size of the island so there might be large predators.

And if there are people on the island who knows, it might be a trade stop so anyone can have imported random animals their so there is no telling what animals are native to that land.
"Lets continue." I mumbled and began to read on.

Today was a very eventful day. We met people on the island and we explained to them our situation...Apparently the island has no men on it, only woman. To me these woman seem quite insane but I can not judge their character for I only just met a couple. George seems to relate with them...I think he is memorized by their beauty. The woman are treating us kindly however and they gave us shelter...It seems as if they want us to stay, I am unsure.

"An island filled with beautiful woman...how unique." I mumbled as I wrote down notes.

We found the woman, or should I say they found us when we were looking for food. They greeted us kindly and showed us to their village. They gave us new clothes, food, and asked us questions about where we came from. When I tried to ask them questions they seemed distant and unsure how to reply, I was slightly confused by this. It's getting late and I should get some rest, I will sleep with one eye open for sure.

The man seemed as if he was scared for his life, however we are all scared of the unknown so there is no use to put too much thought into it.

It's been a week since the woman brought us to their village, we finally met the woman who was in charge, her name was Mystikó. Quite a unique name if I do say so myself. I must admit, meeting her has changed me, my eyes have opened up to a brand new light and I see the world differently. The woman had a face of a goddess and dark brown hair that resembled silk. She wore a golden dress that dragged behind as she walked. She had a dazzling gold head piece that had an emrald on her fore head and gold bracelets around each of here forearms. She was absolutely stunning and had crystal gray eyes to compliment her beauty. She explained to me that we were on an island free from the envy of men, trying to make a new start. They were rebuilding a community that consisted of magic and powerful woman. The city of Psematá. I had to admit a city free from men seemed very enticing and I very much wanted to stay with these woman. Mystikó said that if I wanted I could stay, but the conditions had to be met, for now I get to rest.

It was alarming how quickly this man's ideals changed in a single day of meeting this mysterious lady. He was very self conscious and aware but now...it seems he is blinded by beauty or love...I do not know why or how. The lady in charge seems to be named Mystikó sounds familiar...and their city they are building...Psematá, I'm curious what this is all about. Conditions for what? What are they planning, why doesn't the guy see this is suspicious!?!

George woke me up in the middle of the night, I am quickly writing this as he scopes out the area...apparently he did some digging and this place isn't a good place, not even for the woman that are here.

They have no freedoms, they have no control, yes they know magic but it cost them a great price, the price of their conscious. They speak no truths for they know no more. They live without loathing, pain, or fear but they also live without love, joy, and happiness. The longer you stay the more you detach your self from your conscious, the more you become meaningless. I hope I never see this place again, for I am aware, good bye Psematá.