Chapter 14: Twins

Nick's POV

It's been about three days since we left Nero. Cory and I were both wearing matching shirts, his were usually gray and mine were blue. Every now and then we would change it up and switch shirts so he would have a blue one and I would have the gray one.

Before we left on the trip Mitch showed me, and Cory something called the washing machine... Apparently Mellontikós is loaded with these things, see, in Kalá we did have some advanced things but this washing thing was not one of them. People took time to wash their own clothes because it was relaxing and helped calm the nerves.

You would have to walk to the nearest river or well and take in the sights. Sometimes you take things for granted.

Anyways, ever since Mitch taught me and Cory we have been non-stop with our clothes. We showed Dawn the machine and he wanted to take it apart and see how it worked. Cory and I shrieked at him saying no, and eventually he left it alone.

Right now Cory and I were playing kick ball on the deck.

"Boys!" Ashlie shouted at us and Cory stopped the ball with his foot, we both turned to her.

"How many times did I tell you two to put on sunscreen!?" She yelled.

"I don't know, six?" I shrugged.

"I swear I will turn this ship around right now!" She yelled crossing her arms and tapping her foot.

"Good luck with that, Nick is steering." Cory laughed.

"I'm telling Nick where to go! I could have him turn back to Kalá and he wouldn't even know." Ashlie hissed and handed Cory the sunscreen bottle.

Cory took it without arguing.

"Honestly I don't even know why I bother, I'm doing this for your own well being, so you don't get sunburned! But nooo, you would rather die then listen to Ashlie!" Ashlie hissed as she began to walk away waving her arms in the air, talking to herself.

"What a total nutcase." Cory muttered as he opened the bottle and squirted it in his hands.

"I heard that!" Ashlie shouted from inside. Cory and I looked at each other  and started laughing.

"Hey, what did you two do to Ashlie, she threw a bottle of sunscreen at me?" Uni asked as he walked on deck.

Cory and I only laughed but Uni still waited for his answer.

"Cory and I got Ashlie mad, we wouldn't put on sunscreen." I laughed.

"Why not?" Uni asked confused.

"Too sticky?" I shrugged.

"How much longer are we gonna be on this piece of wood?" Cory asked.

"Hopefully until we get to land." Uni mumbled.

Cory stood up, finished with the sunscreen," What is up with you and flower shirts?" He asked pointing at Uni's shirt.

"What, it's tropical." Uni shrugged,
"And the flowers look nice."

"Our matching outfits look nice, that looks dumb." I said with pride.

"Why are you two wearing matching outfits?" Uni asked with a raised eyebrow, staring at Cory.

"Ashlie..." He hissed under his breath.
"Did you really think I was gonna pack my own clothes?" He laughed.

"Nope, Captain's orders." I nodded.

"They look so cute." Ashlie giggled climbing up on deck.

"We look like idiots." Cory countered.