Chapter 2: Listening

It has been two long years since the down fall of Prodótis. The kingdom had been rebuilt.
Two have left, life and earth had decided to stay with their families.
In the mean time, the others' bond grew and stayed together hidden from the world...

Adam's POV

I sat outside the house staring at the sky.
I have gotten so use to this relaxing atmosphere. The nice calming breeze with birds lightly chirping. Everything felt at peace, but I knew not everything was. I would soon have to let them go. They needed time to solve things besides, what they do will bring many people peace. That evil man, he is still out there. Shelby and Ross update me on what is happening to the community. Shelby tells me of how beautiful the Prodotis kingdom now is. The people have came together to rebuild it in honor of us. Hearing from Shelby, it seems they are building an orphanage there Shelby had brought up the idea. That is a funny thought...A place where kids were killed, now a real home for those who are alone and forgotten. Shelby already told me about the building lay out as well. They have already fixed the main castle, and many normal town structures, but they don't know who will rule. Many people who once lived there, don't want to go back. I'm sure they will find a good leader...eventuallty.

I want to show the others so bad. Show them the progress and what the future holds, but it may be too overwhelming. It may bring very bad, very dark memories that we have been trying to overcome. For now, we stay here and train together. They have seem to grown use to each other, trust one another. Rex, Uni, Cory, Nick,  Ashlie, Tommy, Dawn and Jin we are a family now. They are my responsibility and I would never abandon them unless it was for their well being. I sighed and stood up. I went inside the house to begin another day of hard labor.
I was greeted by smiling faces ready to work. Ashlie was sitting at the table sharpening a spear, while Dawn played with some scrap metal. Tommy was working on breakfast, fittling with a toaster. Cory was in a headlock by Rex, and Uni was drawing a picture while Nick watched him. 

"Hey Adam." Jin cheered as he rubbed his eyes sleepily.

"You weenie butts ready?" I shouted happily.

"We always are, Adam." Rex said letting go of Cory, who was a bright red from lack of oxygen. Cory rubbed his neck looking a little annoyed but gave me a thumbs up to show me he was okay.

"What do you have planned today?" Tommy shouted from the kitchen.

"Well like usual, our warm ups, some nice sparing, no powers, and maybe some fun games."

"Does that mean I can't join?" Dawn whined from his seat.

"Sorry bud, you're too young anyways." Cory said kindly to Dawn, looking down at him.

"C'mon guys, lets start the run!" Ashlie yelled as she bolted outside waving her spear in the air triumphantly. We all joined her, except for Tommy, Dawn, and Jin who stayed inside to make breakfast. The three of them weren't really into fighting. Jin only did so when needed, Tommy was a coward, but when he really gets into his fights...I guess you can say...he shreds.

We ran together in a group, forming basic manuevers I learned in the Guard. Different forms for different opponents. Where to put your strongest people, and where to put the weakest. How to force your opponents to make an opening in their form, so we can strike. I grinned at the thought of using the forms in battle. When we were done with the run, I had everyone do some stretches before heading inside for breakfast. As we sat at the table, Jin and Tommy set down plates of bacon, egg, hash brown, and toast for us. We ate it happily and talked as we did.

"Just wondering Adam, how is the search for the king going?" Rex said in a sudden dead serious tone. I looked at him, startled for a second, then relaxed.