Chapter 8: Formalities

Ashlie's POV

"Welcome to the land of Nero!" Mitch said with a grin as he knocked on the gate.
A slit opened in it and the person on the other side nodded at Mitch, and the gate soon opened.

"You're gonna love it here, trust us. You see those water channels?" Mitch asked pointing at the water that seemed to go on forever."That runs all through Nero, we go places by boat, or walk if we wanted to. We mostly walk, Jerome isn't a fan of water."

"I'm not either." Tommy mumbled.

"Trust me, I've had enough water for one day." Zres sighed.

"So first thing first, you all need some rest." Jerome said with a grin.

"It is getting late." Nick said looking at the moon that now lit the sky.

"Before you go to sleep we need to visit the tailor, they'll have the clothes ready for you in the morning. Jerome, I'm gonna do our report, you take them to the tailor." Mitch said and began to walk away.

Rex yawned," Let's just get this over with."

We followed Jerome to the tailor half asleep. Dawn was the only one who seemed wide awake. Uni looked right about to pass out so he went first to get his measurements. After every person went, they would write down something and go to measuring another limb. It seemed like they would never finish but when they did, it was a blessing.

I rubbed my eyes and looked at Tommy who was finally done and was luckily the last person. After, Jerome took us to the main part of the castle and set us up in guest rooms. The first room he showed us Uni walked in and just flopped on the bed.

Rex, Cory, and Nick exchanged glances then went in the room and closed the door behind them.

"They're a weird bunch." Jerome mumbled.

"Naa, they just don't like being separated." Tommy mumbled.

"Well, let's just continue." Jerome said walking on. "Okay here is another room, and right across from it is another empty ro-" Jerome couldn't even finish his sentence.

Tommy shouted," See you later cream weasels!" And ran across the corridor to the room Jerome had just mentioned.

"I guess I'll be taking this one then." I said pointing to room Jerome had just showed us. He nodded at me and I walked in closing the door behind me. That just left Zres and Dawn to find rooms.

I yawned and my eyes grew heavy. I climbed into the bed and slammed my head onto the pillow with a groan.
"Today was a long day..." I mumbled as I drifted off to sleep. I felt my eyes grow heavy and they slowly closed.

When I opened them, I wasn't in Nero anymore...I was home, alone and scared. I looked around the familiar scenery. The old house, the old photos, the old memories. I was me, but no longer me. I looked at my hands, they were smaller, much smaller then now. Pain was going through my entire body. I stood up and ran. I ran out the house into the forest, never looking back, not for a second. I continued to run until my heart burned and my legs ached. Even then I didn't stop.

I began to stumble but continued to run. I looked around quickly, the world spinning the trees seemed to stretch further to the sky groaning as they did. Fear began to erupt through my head then I fell. I fell into an endless void, screaming, the screams echoed. The whole world I had seen was gone, the fall had turned into me getting kicked in the face and falling flat on my back.

I groaned and wiped the blood off my face, smirking at the person who had kicked me.
They seemed mad as I stood up shakily, arms limp. With a burst of speed I charged at my attacker knocking them on the ground landing on top of them. Us shouting at one another in pure rage. I grabbed the knife they had dropped on impact. I rose it high above their chest and brought it down hard and a loud crunching noise was heard as I tore through skin, muscle, and scratched bone. A spirt of blood flew through the air on impact. Just for a second, the person changed and Uni was underneath me, knife in his eye. The image changed again.