~Wonder~

Aphmau's POV

*Play Song*

I slam open the door to the girl's bedroom, all of them shooting up, in numerous, and somewhat humorous ways.

"I'm up!" Cadenza shouts, her eyes not even open yet as she darts her gaze around the room.

Nicole raises her hand up momentarily, mumbling something indistinct.

Katelyn was sleeping with Travis on their large mattress, Katelyn shooting up to the loud door-slamming, but Travis was still snoozing away.

"Aph, what is it? Did you forget the password to the......." She begins slyly, but I cut her off.

"Katelyn........" I say, my voice horrifically low, as I close the door behind me.

"Aphmau what is it?" Cadenza asked, concerned, realizing the tone of my voice, quickly flicking her orange tail to wake herself up.

"Whatever I'm about to tell you, you cannot tell Aaron........" I start, but Nicole's excitement cuts me off.

"Ooooh are you preggos again?!" She shouts, covering her mouth just after she finishes.

I shake my head slowly, showing Katelyn a look, only one she would understand.

"Aphmau, what did you do?" She demands, her tone serious.

"It's not what I have done, it's what I plan to do"

****************

I explain to them my plan, it ending with all of them gasping, tears in the eyes.

"Aph...please....you can't" Katelyn pleads, her voice breaking, her tears joining the sea around us.

"I have to Katelyn, its the only way we can save the kingdom from Scaren......."

"It'll kill you Aphmau!" Cadenza exclaims, sniffling.

I wince, knowing of the pain I'll induler. (Idk how its spelled)

"Mostly what Scaren wants is the Ultima power, if I can just make it to one of his ships........" I begin to explain, but Nicole interrupts me.

"Wait, I thought Ariel had the Ultima powers....."

"She does, but the thing is, the only person who can take the Ultima power from another without dying in the process, is their mother.......So I can take back the power from Ariel........"

"No....." Katelyn sobs, stifling them with her blanket.

Travis then groggily sits up as he wakes up, noticing tears in Katelyn's eyes.

He looks around the room, observing the current mood, then he turns back to Katelyn, comforting her, letting her cry into his chest.

"Whatever you do, you can't tell Aaron.........but when he does find out on his own, tell him I didn't want to leave him and Ariel.......tell him that I love him.....and tell him to kiss Ariel goodnight for me, every night....." I request, my voice breaking.

Katelyn then leaps out of Travis's arms into mine, wrapping her arms tight around me, crying onto my shoulder.

"Don't do this Aphmau.......I can't lose you too....." She sobs, her powder blue hair mixing with my raven ones.

I hug her back, slowly going between Cadenza, Nicole, and Travis, embracing each one tight, knowing this was the last time I'd see them.

I start towards the door, but turn around momentarily to the bunch, all of them crying.

"Make sure he is never alone, please make sure that Aaron moves on......." I say, a tear in my eye.

I then bid them ado, swimming back towards Aaron and I's room.

I enter it, seeing Aaron still asleep the way he was.

I sigh, looking from him to Ariel, who was now sleeping soundly.

I swim up to her, placing my fingertips on her smooth small forehead.

I take a deep breath, then exhale, clearing my throat.

"Flower gleam, and bloom" I start to sing, her hair starting to glow a red color.

"Let your power shine" Her scalp turning a bright red, the room shinning with red patterns in the darkness.

"Make the clock reverse" Her dark black strands slowly turning a vibrant red.

"Bring back what once was mine......" Her hair now almost completely red, now that the ultima powers are almost taken.

"What once was.....mine" Her hair then stops glowing, its aura now calm.

I stumble back, leaning against the the bedframe, feeling the power adjust to its new host.

Once I regain posture, I turn back to Aaron, sadness slowly seeping into my heart.

I walk slowly up to him, resting my palm on his cheek, feeling his sharp cheekbone under his smooth skin, his mouth ajar.

"You won't have to worry anymore Aaron, you won't have to stress anymore about Scaren...." I whisper, my voice breaking once again.

"Even if you can't hear me.........I just want you to know that I don't want you to be hung up on me.....don't....allow your grief to overwhelm you like it did me........." I manage out, my voice hoarse.

"Raise Ariel to be an amazing mermaid, raise her to be a kind and caring person, and be a person who will be as compasionate as you were to me........"

"I love you Aaron Lycan, past the moon, and I'll miss you.....beyond the stars." I place my lips gently on his, another tear of mine transferring to his skin.

Luckily, he didn't wake.

I swim out of the room, turning around, one last time.

Thank you Aaron Lycan.......

For the infinity you gave me......

The world you showed me......

The sentiment, you shared with me.....

Have a nice day my crystals!