Ch. Twenty-Nine

I stayed with Melissa and her grandmother. Melissa's grandmother was okay with it. She was so sweet and caring. She treated me like one of her granddaughters. I was sad that my nana left but she would come and visit me. Even surprise me. So it light me inside. There were times I miss Sadie but I know deep inside she would've wanted me to be happy no matter what.

Then years gone by I started high school freshmen year. Throughout middle and high school, Melissa, Katie, and I have been best friends every since. We're like sisters. We all met Greg in high school so it's a good life. But from college and then on it was hard because of Harry's stalking and I never noticed or realized he was stalking me. Nor did I know how he got my information.

It was a bit of a tough day that I needed to rest and work things out. I didn't need to work with Dannie about anything because we're good to go. And I'm pretty much ready to testified for Monday. I'm not looking forward to it but if keeps me safe to know that Harry is going to stay jail then I will finally be able to breathe.

      Two Days Later.

I took a deep breathe finishing getting ready to go to court today. The day has come. I'm praying to god that everything goes well without a mistake or any sins to come along. Katie's grandmother decided to help me take care of Haddie for me because my nana isn't around. So I was okay that Katie's grandmother wanted to help. Katie wanted to come along with me to give her support to me. I said my quick goodbyes to Katie's grandmother who is carrying Haddie as Katie's grandmother smiles at Haddie and I.

Katie and I got inside my car. She wanted to drive so I can rest and get ready for my testimony.

WE ARRIVE AT The courthouse walking inside. I see a couple lawyers walking here and there with a couple of people around the courthouse as well. I looked around for Dannie and spotted her waiting for me outside the courtroom. Katie follows me from beside as we walk up to Dannie. I called Dannie's name but not too loud. She looks up at me and smiles warmly putting her phone away.

" Hey you're here. We only have like five minutes because the judge is running a bit late. We have to be present so this shouldn't take long. " Dannie said to me as she looks at Katie and smiles warmly.

" Okay. -Dannie this is Katie, you already know her. " I said reminding Dannie as Dannie smiles warmly at Katie saying hi to her.

Katie smiles warmly and says hi back in return. Dannie looks back at me. " Are you ready? " Dannie asked as I take a deep breathe and exhale my breathe nodding my head slowly.

" Yeah, let's do it. " I said with confidence as Dannie small smiles walking over to open the court door letting me walk inside first with Katie along.

I hear the door shut close as I see a couple of people looking at me once they heard the door open. They turned away and stay quiet not saying a word. I continued walking as I turned to see Harry's lawyer and Harry. I heard a couple of clear throats. I focused my way to go behind the desk of where Dannie has her stuff set up. Katie sits in back as a visitor and witness staying close behind me.

I had to stand up straight for the judge. I looked around the courtroom while Dannie and everyone else is waiting for the judge to show up. Shortly lately we heard the door from where the judge comes in and out from walking up to his table. The police starts to speak the courtroom's oath. Once we finished saying the oath, we began to sit down and wait for what's next as the judge opens up a file to see where we are out.

I stood quiet waiting for the judge's response hearing him clear his throat

___________________

The judge spoke here and there about Harry and I. He did a review about Harry. We were already here for about an hour now. We had recess so Dannie and I wanted to step outside giving us five minutes to talk about my testimony and how it's going to help so much with ending the trial. I did feel a little tired but I wanted to end the trial once and for all.

" So when the judge calls your name, you go up there and let Harry's lawyer ask you questions. " Dannie said as I nodded my head while listening to her.

Once The Recess was finished, we went back inside the court room and stand up waiting for the judge to come back once again. Everyone in the court room wait for the judge to arrive. Once the judge had arrived, we took a seat once and waited for the judge to take his time getting settled in to continued where we left off.

The judge then speaks on the mic. " Miss Emerson, would please come forward to testified. " The judge said as I nod my head a bit, carefully getting up from the chair and making my way to go sit next to the judge but not too close.

I had to do the oath once the security repeated the oath words. I told him yes that I won't lied in my testimony. I began to take a seat and Harry's lawyer makes his way walking up to me to ask me questions. " Miss Emerson, when did Mr. Styles starting stalking you? " Harry's lawyer asked me looking at me.

I looked at him. " He started stalking me since college. And I didn't know he was stalking me because I was busy with studying for a test I had that time. " I said looking at Harry's lawyer.

Harry's lawyer nods his head slowly. " And did you know Mr. Styles? " Harry's lawyer asked with a questioning look on his face.

I shook my head slightly. " No." I said looking at Harry's lawyer.

" What do you remember the night he kidnapped you? " Harry's lawyer asked looking back at me as he stops walking back and fourth listening to me.

I sit up straight remembering what I could when Harry kidnap me. " I remember I was out with my friends at the club. From the tragic I had of Harry in college was difficult so I had to change my phone number and everything else. The night that my friends and I were out, I got an unknown text message and it was from him. I know it was. " I said disappointed looking at Harry's lawyer.

" How did you know it was him? " Harry's lawyer asked suspiciously while looking at me once again.

" Because of the message that said Hey missed me babe? " I said as I hear whispers in the courtroom looking at Harry's lawyer as he nods his head.

" No further questions. " Harry's lawyer said walking away from me as Dannie stands up to interview me.