Howling For Love 4 (Edited)

Chapter four

I was feeling irritated. What the hell is the meaning of these dreams?  It's been a week since we moved here and every night I have the same strange dream.

I flop down at my computer and put on some Bring Me The Horizon as loud as it would go. I sigh as I plug in my tablet. I need somethin to distract me. I start drawing the lines of my character and let my thoughts run wild.

In the week that has passed, I haven't seen the wolf again since that night. School has been annoying since the bitch posy won't leave me alone. Diablo hasn't been at school which is awesome since that means I have no one following me around.

The weirdest of all is the tattoo. It seems to grow everyday. From the small intriguing moon on my hip it has sprouted into what looks like a tree. It travelled up the side of my body and across my breast. At the end of the tree branches hung stars. It was quite beautiful.  Small ancient looking letters seemed to spill around the tree and little symbols. I could make some of it out: Light of Light, Breath of Deity, I conjure your powers to awaken in me. Elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth that have been innate within me since before my birth. Light of Light, come to me this very night.

Sometimes I felt the skin around the tattoo searing as if I was on fire. But I ignored it. My mother was rarely home these days as she had to work the late shift at her new job. Like tonight. My dad.. Well.. I haven't seem him in a few days. Mom said he found a job but that it was in the next town.

I push my chair back and look at my work. When I was pleased I grabbed some short shorts and a black hoodie from my closet and walked into bathroom.  I turn on the shower and go brush my teeth while waiting for the water to run hot.

I stripped down my clothes and stepped into the shower sighing happily as the warm water hit my skin. After my shower, I wrap myself in a fluffy towel that was two times my size and went to grab underwear from my room. As I walk past the window I see the figure of the wolf. I walk back to the window and jsut stare at the animal.

I run into the bathroom and get dressed and drag my fingers through my hair. I run down the stairs, silently thanking my dad for fixing them. I run outside and into the forest and take a deep breath as I let the smell of earth and wet moss enter my nose. I break into the clearing and saw the wolf looking at me. It was almost as if it expected me to come closer.

And that's what I did. It was like I had no control over my body and I was being pulled towards the wolf. It was a magnificent creature. It was big. Three times the size of a normal wolf. It had fluffy black fur and these beautiful emerald eyes. Those eyes look familiar, but I can't place where I have seen them before.

I take another step forward and feel the searing pain on my side. I suck in my breath and zip down my hoodie exposing my black lace bra. I heard a soft growl and I looked up. The wolf was looking at me with dark eyes. I softly whisper through the pain, "Don't worry wolf, I will not hurt you." I looked back at my body and gasped when I saw that the tattoo was glowing yellow. The pain increase the longer it glowed and it seemed to glow brighter.

I hissed in pain and stumble slightly over to the lake water, hoping the cold water would take away the burning pain. I wiggle out of my hoodie and throw it on the ground. Looking over my shoulder I see the wolf looking at me with black eyes. I ignore it and stumble into the water. As soon as I hit the water, I feel like I'm in heaven. I dive into the water and come back up feeling energised and renewed. 

I swim back to the edge and turn around to look at the moon. Why did it always seem a arms length away? I reach out my hand, amazed to see my skin almost translucent and silver. I get out of the water and pick up my hoodie, zipping it up. I go over to the wolf and can't resist the urge to run my fingers through its long fluffy fur.

I run my fingers through its fluffy black fur. I feel the animal stiffen under me. Strangely I know it won't hurt me. I felt safe with the animal, like I belonged. I felt like I was home. I feel the tingles run through my fingers up my arm. For some reason I know that this animal won't hurt me. I gasp loudly and double over when the pain begins again. I look up into the animals eyes before everything goes black...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I open my eyes while I'm being carried by strong warm arms. I snuggle into the hard chest and wrap my arms around the persons neck. I moan softly and cuddle closer. I look up and see long black curly hair and green eyes looking back at me.  Softly I whisper, "Diablo?" before everything goes black again.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I walk into the lake watching in amazement as the water around me start to glow. I look up at the moon and suddenly see a woman with long flowing silver hair that hung to her knees, walk towards me. She had on a white flowing gown and had skin so pale it was almost translucent. She had deep violet eyes. I looked at her. She looked just like me. Only much more beautiful. She smiled at me, "Sinna, I have waited to meet you for so long." I look at her as she reach her hand out to me. I reach my hand out towards her too.

I sit up breathless as silent tears run down my cheeks.