Towers-Laucy/Camren

Start from the beginning

“Do you think she’ll want to marry me in this?”

Camila’s throat is too tight to answer, but she thinks Lauren can see it on her face, anyway, because Lauren holds out her hand and Camila doesn’t want to, doesn’t want to touch even an inch of Lauren’s body when she’s wearing a fucking wedding dress – but it happens, like it always happens.

Lauren’s fingers curl in the hair at the nape of Camila’s neck as she pulls her close, and Camila thought she’d been past heartbreak, thought she knew her breaking point, but it turns out that she wasn’t even close.

There are layers to being shattered, she realizes – and every single broken thing can be split smaller, again and again. Broken things breaking things.   

//

“I can’t believe I get to marry my best friend,” Lauren whispers, so close to Camila’s lips that Camila can taste the liquor on them. Her own mouth is still burning too. “I mean – you’re my best friend, of course.” Lauren giggles and it rips right through Camila’s chest, slashes through every nerve in her body which she’s been desperately trying to keep alive ever since Lauren snuck into her bed ten minutes ago, half naked. “But Lucy…” Lauren continues. “Fuck, she’s just so fucking wonderful – and I just can’t believe – I can’t believe we’re really…” She sighs. “You know what I mean, Camz?”

Camila stares up at the ceiling and tries not to think when Lauren reaches over and pushes the hem of Camila’s shirt up, pressing her hands against the bare skin of Camila’s back. Then, she giggles again, “Of course, when I’m married we can’t do this kind of stuff anymore. I’ll have to behave. Not get drunk anymore and live in an actual house together with my wife – not in this crappy apartment with you. We can’t cuddle like this. I think.” She pushes her nose in the crook of Camila’s neck. “Unless Lucy will let you sleep in our bed with us – I’d be up for that.”

Lauren’s fingers burn into Camila’s like hot iron. She closes her eyes and tries not to feel anything – not the flick of Lauren’s eyelashes against her jaw, not the tension in her stomach when Lauren runs the tip of her finger right over the edge of Camila’s bare hip, not the way Lauren’s mouth keeps brushing against her pulse point, the line between talking and kissing vague and blurry in the darkness of the apartment— 

“Camz?” Lauren says then, waiting for Camila to reply.

“Yeah?” Camila breathes out when she’s finally found the courage.

“I don’t think we can—” Lauren stops talking, her breath hot. “I mean – not like before. Not anymore. You know that, right? You know we can’t do that anymore, don’t you?”

Camila doesn’t know what hurts more; the way Lauren is telling her they can’t keep doing whatever it is they do, or the way she’s implying that what they’re doing is all because of Camila, rather than the both of them.

She opens her mouth to reply, thinks that if she’ll part her lips an answer will magically roll of her tongue, but before she can even make a sound, Lauren pushes herself up and kisses Camila hard. Liquor and heat andLauren

Camila pulls back. “Fuck – Laur, you just said we—”

Lauren kisses her again, swallowing the rest of Camila’s sentence with her mouth, taking her resistance with her hands, fingers travelling fast, down to the waistband of Camila’s underwear. The alcohol is spinning in Camila’s head when Lauren’s fingers slip right between her legs and she moans out.

They can’t. She knows they can’t.

But then again, they never could, so Camila bites down into her forearm and lets Lauren touch her – right where she can feel her heartbeat pulsing, right where she has been burning and slippery and tense since the second Lauren crawled into her bed wearing nothing but her panties.