Remember Our Love Chapter 19

I woke to feel the ship moving as the sunlight blinded my eyes. What the hell is going on?

I got up and tried to open the door. It was locked.

"Hey!" I called out and banged on it.

No answer.

"Hello, can anyone hear me?" I yelled.

Maybe they didn't realise I was still on board and his father had left to take mine home.

"Robert, Robert it is me Ella, I am still on board please you have to go back," I yelled.

Nothing.

The dread slowly crept up my body.

The door was locked from the outside, someone had to have locked me in. Why would they lock me in?

"Tom!" I called. "Tom!"

No answer.

"Tom why am I locked in?" I yelled. "Please Thomas answer me."

The door unlocked and I stepped back as it was pushed open. Tom walked in.

"Why did you lock me in?" I asked. "Where are we going?"

"Home," Tom said.

"What do you mean? I was at home," I said confused.

"No that is not our home," Tom said.

I stood in silence confused as my mind tried to work out what he meant.

He didn't look at me, his eyes to the floor.

"I don't understand, where 'exactly' are we going?" I asked slowly.

"Back home to the Island," he whispered.

"What, No!" I gasped. "I don't want to go back there, that is not my home. Let me off," I said and began to panic. I rushed past him and down the corridor, up on deck. We were far out to sea, I couldn't see any land.

Michael and Virginia were there, along with Robert and Rosie. Tom joined them. All five of them, staring at me.

"Why would do this to me? Where are my children?" I asked.

"They'll follow later, they are with your father," Tom said. "We have something to do first," he said but his eyes gave away his intention.

"What do you mean? I don't have to do anything, I want off the ship now. Just lower a row boat and I will find my way back. I am not going to the Island," I said.

"You are not rowing to shore we're too far out. You are coming to the Island with me. It is our home and the resting place of our daughter, we will pay our respects together," Tom said.

"NO!" I screamed, "I will not," I was awash with panic. My mind whirling. He meant to take me back to the Island, to the grave, to where our baby was buried. "No way!" I yelled at him. I would not let it happen.

"You are going! End of story," Tom said sounding final in his decision.

"I won't go! You can't make me!" I screamed at him.

He just stared at me. His face set and determined.

I moved towards one of the row boats to start to lower it.

"Ella, don't you dare!" Tom growled at me.

"Don't you tell me what to do," I scowled at him as I started to untie the rope.

"Ella!" he yelled. "I will carry you downstairs and lock you up again if you continue to behave in such an unruly manner."

"Unruly! You have kidnapped me Thomas, dragging me away from my home and children to a place I never want to set eyes on EVER AGAIN!" I screamed.