"Go back to sleep, Love. I'm not going anywhere. I promise." I say and she nods, wrapping her arms around my waist and holding me tight as she falls right back asleep and I play with her hair some before allowing myself to fall asleep as well. When I wake up, Y/N is gone, so I sigh as I sit up and smile when I see her come out of the bathroom drying her hair with a towel like always.

"Morning." Y/N says, smiling at me, so I get out of bed and go peck her on the lips as I pass her.

"Morning." I respond as I close the bathroom door so I can get a shower. After I'm dressed after getting out of the shower, I smile as I straddle Y/N's lap and kiss her softly before sitting on the bed beside her. "How are you feeling?" I ask her and she sighs, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Tired, my head hurts, my throat hurts, my nose is so clogged I feel like it's adding twenty pounds, and I just wish I could sleep for one night without nightmares. Ever since Sortzen, I haven't been able to sleep without dreaming that something happens to you, my dad, my sister or my niece, some nights something happens to all of you and I'm left broken and empty, stuffed into a psych ward to make sure I don't kill myself or someone else." Y/N mumbles and I sigh.

"Do you want to talk?" I ask and Y/N shakes her head.

"No because if I talk about what's always on my mind, I'll cry. I don't want to cry anymore." Y/N says and I nod.

"Do you want to go get some breakfast then?" I ask, knowing she'd never refuse food and smile as she nods. When we get down to breakfast, we sit with the team and eat like we always do, and I smile when I notice Y/N's mood improving significantly as we spend time with our little soccer family.

The following day, we have our quarter final match, and Y/N was able to sleep without any nightmares the night before, so she was in game shape, she also told me that if I try to give her the armband at all during the game, she'd wrap it around my neck, so I decided that Carli and I could give Y/N a break from being captain when one of us is called off the field. Y/N didn't actually start the game, she wasn't happy about it either, but I think Jill did it just so she'd be mad when she got on the pitch, because when Y/N came in for Sam, she got the ball quick and assisted Mal in getting us our first point of the game. But she grew increasingly more frustrated as the game went on, so when Kelley was subbed out and Julie took her place, telling Y/N and Christen to trade places, and Alex kicked off to Y/N, Y/N just chipped it toward goal. We all knew it was going in, but Russia didn't, the keeper tried to save it, but it was a lost cause, the ball went in and we all grouped around Y/N, celebrating the goal before adjusting so Russia could kick off, and when they did, we were stuck in a seemingly endless back and forth for most of the second half, until Y/N got her foot on the ball, sending it to me so I could take it up the wing and cross it in for Alex to get it in, and it worked, the final minutes of the game were uneventful, and we left the field victorious with a 4-1 score line. When we got back to the dorms, Ash kidnapped my girlfriend for a few hours, and when Y/N finally turned up, she was drenched in sweat and looked exhausted, so she disappeared to the bathroom and came out twenty minutes later wrapped in a towel, so I turned to face the wall so she could get dressed. After a few minutes, Y/N came and joined me on the bed with my jersey number painted above it, crawling over me and smiling at me as we naturally cuddle up together.

"Feel better?" I ask and Y/N nods, it was obvious Ash took Y/N down to the gym to box her feelings out, she always came back from the boxing sessions with Ashlyn in a mood 100 times better than the one she was in when Ash would snatch her up.

"Yeah, actually. I feel like I can breathe for the first time in a while."

"That's good. That's all I care about. You being happy." I say and she smiles, kissing me softly.