Recovery

The conversation with Marshall had been over and I finally had the feeling that this time we could really make it, that this; our relationship, our marriage, would last and we would grow old together. Over the past few months I'd noticed the changes in my husbands behavior towards me, he was unobtrusive, more gentle, he respected my wishes. Over all he'd softened up. For sure I knew that it was because of our son, but also; and that was the main reason, because he tried very hard to make up for his mistakes and to win me over again.

After I'd found out and had told him that I was pregnant, I already knew that I'd sooner or later take him back and not only for the sake of our child. I loved this man unspeakably much, but it couldn't go on like this. Once and for all he had to learn to not hurt me and also to appreciate my love for him. And when Von had asked Mika to talk to me and she'd called me, we met at our usual coffee shop and decided to make a plan....

Flashback

6 months ago.....

"So what you wanna do now?" Mika asked me after she'd congratulate me to my pregnancy and had sat down and I shrugged.
"Honestly, I've no idea. I love him and now with the baby...." I stopped, exhaled deeply and ruffled through my hair. "I just know it can't go on like this. It's always me who gets hurt in the end, Mika. He has to change..." I let my words trail off and she nodded.
"Look, we both know he's a stupid fuck for all he's done, but he loves you and he regrets what he did..."
"Yeah, he regrets it every time and a few months later we're back to square one." I cutted her off annoyed and she chuckled.
"Right, but this time you got him by his balls. You're pregnant with his child and threatening him with divorce was the worst hit ever for him. Von came home couple times and told me how fucked up Marshall was because you've left him." I squeezed the bridge of my nose, shook my head and huffed out. "Tina, do you still love him?"
"Sure I do. Why do you think that all this is so hard for me?!" I answered her and she grabbed my hand on the table and squeezed it.
"Then why don't you talk to him? Tell him how you feel about all of this..." she suggested and again I huffed out.
"I tried that more than once and every time he promises me that he won't hurt me anymore. Then we're happy for a few months and suddenly a bitch shows up and 'Boom', I find out that his dick had landed in another hoe again." Mika laughed out from my description and I chuckled. "I'm gonna be honest, I want him back, I don't wanna file for divorce, but he needs to fucking learn, it can't go on like this. What'll happen when the baby is born? I can't just leave him then anymore, I wouldn't do that to our child, but I can't keep on forgiving him his shit either." Mika nodded in understanding and we fell silent for a short while, before she spoke up.
"Then you should teach him a lesson, lady. If anyone is capable of getting his head straight for good, it's you." She said and I shrugged my shoulders.
"Honestly, he has to do it by himself. Marshall has to be the one who has to decide to change Marshall, I can't to shit in all of this." I answered and she shook her head.
"You're right that he has to make the decision to change, but his heart belongs to you and that's why you're the one who can push him to do so." That actually was true. My husband was an idiot if it came to being faithful, but I could always be sure that he loves me. I placed my forearms on the table and leaned forward in my chair.
"I need your help in that, Mika..." I started and she smirked and nodded.
"Whatever you need, Tina."
"Okay, listen....."

Flashback end!

That was the moment we planned to get my husband to change, fight for me and actually make him sweat.
The plan was very simply, but as it had turned out very effective....
1. Mika would tell Von about our weekly meetings and what we talked about. Every time she would end with two sentences 'she still loves him' and 'he doesn't have a chance anymore'. And we knew that Von would tell all of it Marshall.
2. I'd strictly only meet with him for doctor appointments or if something with the girls was going on.
3. I'd act as cold as possible to him, only sometimes I'd let my mask fall, to show him that I still had feelings for him.