Chapter Ten

"I don't want to," Lafayette said as Hercules tugged at his arm, trying to get the Frenchman out of their room.

"Laf, we talked about this last night. They're not going to hate you," Hercules rolled his eyes as Lafayette crossed his arms, looking away from Hercules. His protests were childlike, which Hercules would've found adorable if he wasn't so aggravated by his boyfriend's stubbornness. "Baby please? We're just going to go out and get breakfast. I already spoke to Thomas, he doesn't hate you."

Lafayette's features seemed to soften for a moment before returning to the obstinate expression they previously held. Hercules sighed, coming to the conclusion that Lafayette wasn't going to leave the room.

Willingly, that is.

"Okay, so you want to do this the hard way, huh?" Hercules said smugly as he wrapped his arms around Lafayette's feminine waist, slinging him over his shoulder.

"Hercules!" Lafayette yelled, pounding his fists on Hercules' back as the larger man carried him out of the room, entering their living room. "Put me down this instant!" Hercules mumbled a quick "if you say so" before setting Lafayette down gently. "Uh h-hi," Laf stammered as he realized he was face-to-face with Thomas, Alex, and John.

"Hey Laf," Thomas said, a hint of anger in his voice, hidden behind the cheeriness of the greeting. Lafayette pretended not to notice it, but winced slightly. "How're you doing this fine morning?" Thomas asked, his eyes semi-squinting, his tone sounding annoyed.

Lafayette shrunk back, his face turning pale. He felt Thomas' burning eyes on him, though John's and Alexander's where soft and warm, he could only seemed to focus on the eyes of the tallest of the three. "I'm sorry!" Lafayette squeaked out, tears pooling in his eyes as he ran down the hall, locking himself in the bathroom.

He could hear voices on the other side of the door, a high pitched "Thomas!" echoing through the dorm. Laf assumed it was Alexander's voice.

"Baby, open the door," Hercules said, knocking lightly at the door. Lafayette brushed tears from his eyes, not finding it in his voice to respond to Hercules' plea. "Gilbert, please open the door," Lafayette's eyes widened. Hercules only addressed him as 'Gilbert' when he was extremely serious.

"I-I can't," Lafayette cringed at his meek-sounding voice. "Just go to breakf-fast without me."

"Laf, open the door," Hercules said, sounding less like a plea and more like a demand. Lafayette sighed, unlocking the door, gently opening it. "Thank you," Hercules said, grabbing Lafayette's hand, pulling him out into the living room.

Alexander was muttering things at Thomas, probably scolding him. It slightly made Lafayette chuckle, though he hid it.

"Now, can we try that again?" Hercules asked, looking to Thomas, who just rolled his eyes, nodding. "Good."

"Sorry I was so rude Laf," Thomas said, sighing. "It's just been hard getting I over what you said," Lafayette nodded, looking down. "But, we can talk about it. It's not beyond my abilities to forgive you."

"Thank you," Laf mumbled, clinging to Hercules' arm, almost like a child clinging to an adult's leg.

Hercules smiled at the other for. "Well, let's go."