Chapter Five

"So you have zero idea who could have done it?" Aaron asked as he walked alongside Alexander. Alex decided that it was a good idea to go talk to Lafayette, and well, Aaron thought it was an awful idea, but he wasn't going to argue.

"Oh I have a few ideas, but I don't have proof. My only chance to get my men back is to talk to Laf," Alexander said blatantly, his pace of walking seeming to quicken.

"You really think talking to your best friend who's furious is a good idea?" Aaron asked, raising an eyebrow, glancing at Alex as they saw Lafayette's door come into view. "I mean, from what you said, he and Hercules aren't the least bit happy with you."

"It's my only plan, Aaron. I'm sticking to it," Alexander said matter-of-factly, standing in front of Lafayette's door. He raised his hand to it, ready to knock, but pulled back, taking a deep breath. The thought of seeing his best friend's angry face again frightened him, but he knew he couldn't hide. "My only plan," he mumbled to himself before knocking on it before he could give himself another chance to doubt his choice.

Aaron gave Alex and uneasy look as he heard footsteps from inside the dorm. Though no one was angry with him, he still felt scared. Alexander had involved him in the situation, and there was no stepping out of it.

"Burr?" Lafayette asked as he opened the door. "What're you- You." Lafayette growled as his eyes met Alexander's. "You should beat it, now."

"Laf, just listen to me-"

"No," Lafayette said, stepping out past the doorway, shutting the door behind him. A deep, terrifying anger filled his brown eyes. The usually soft and kind tall man looked intimidating and fierce. "You know why? Because both of your boyfriends are inside sleeping. Thomas brought John here because he was so upset. Both of them are torn apart, Alex. Because of you, because of what you did. I can't believe you would do it, you know how sensitive John is. And what's even worse is that Thomas doesn't think you did it, he keeps denying it."

"I didn't do it!" Alexander yelled, his voice cracking. Lafayette took a step back, giving Alex a blank look. "I would never do anything to deliberately hurt either of them, Laf. I swear..." Alexander looked at the taller man, his eyes pleading. "You have to believe me."

Lafayette held the expressionless stare for a few moments, examining Alexander's face.

"I'm sorry, but I don't," He muttered, before entering the dorm, shutting the door behind him, leaving Alexander speechless, his jaw slacked, hanging open in shock.

"I didn't do it," Alex mumbled to himself, crumbling to the floor. Aaron tried to catch him, but wasn't quick enough. "I just didn't..." He said as he curled into a ball on the dirty dorm building floor.

"I know you didn't," Aaron said, trying to pull Alexander off of the floor. His attempts were futile, Alexander seemed the be glued to the carpet. "Please get up, Alexander. Let's go back to my dorm, we can talk." Aaron pleaded, tugging on Alex's arm.

"I don't want to," Alexander said shrugging. His face was blank, his eyes looking empty and sad.

Aaron looked down at him, seeing the mess of Alex on the ground. He rubbed his temples, feeling a headache coming on.

"God, what have I gotten myself into?"

A/N: I have so many ideas for new books I just want to write them all.