Interrogation Part 2

"No you're not. Why would you say that?" Jerome asked, starting to get angry again. "You must have suspected the truth." Mr. Cicero argued. Jerome shook his head. "You're not my father. My mother would never-" "Your mother was a cruel woman, she was often unkind to me, but she did once love me in her way." Mr. Cicero cut Jerome off. You could only hope that they wouldn't be this harsh when they started to talk about your father.

Mr. Cicero touched Jerome's arm. "And she loved you very much. That's why she gave you a better father." You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. Why was he defending that bitch? Jerome turned towards Jim and lowered his head, beginning to cry, well fake cry. You rubbed his back until you heard him begin to laugh. His laugh. He slowly lifted his head, and had a dark look in his eyes. Jim's head turned in realization.

Jerome turned towards Mr. Cicero, smiling. Oh how you love his grin! "My mother was a cold-hearted whore, who never loved anyone, and she's never touch a pathetic, old, creep like you." He said darkly. You turned towards Lee and saw she was looking at you and Jerome in horror. When her gaze turned to you, you just smirked at her before turning back to Jerome.

"After all these years, do you think I was kind to you because I'm such a good man?" He asked. You snorted. "No." You mumbled to yourself. "If I wasn't your father, would I have helped you as I have, after what you did?" He spat. Jerome looked at Jim then back at Mr. C. "My father?" He asked, turning towards the front again. "Hm. I'll be damned." Jim looked at him confused.

"That's very funny." Jerome began to chuckle. "Badoom-ch. Looks like the bitch got me with a zinger in the end." Jim stared at Jerome. "Why'd you kill your mother Jerome?" He asked. "Oh, you know how mothers are." Jerome said, waving his hand around. "She just. Kept. Pushing. And unlike my mom, be a whore, be a drunken whore even, but don't be a nagging, drunken, whore. Ya know?" He asked, tilting his head to the side and smiling. "Don't come yell at me to do the dishes, if you've been banging a clown in the next room!" He shouted, hitting the table with his fist. "Ya know?" He asked, then he began to laugh darkly.

     Jim looked at him with pure disgust before looking at you. "How about you, Y/N? You've been awfully quiet. Why would you kill your father?" He asked. You smiled. "Daddy was a drinker, like mommy Valeska. He would hit me and punch me and kick me and scream at me. At first it would hurt, but then it just got annoying. He was always screaming about how it was my fault mommy left. I used to believe it, but now I know they were both just selfish bitches." You explained, getting angrier by the second.

     "Once mommy left, daddy started sleeping around. Slept with Amanda, Lila, and other whores I don't know the names of, but that's not the only reason I did what I did. Something has happened recently, and it's made me realize that this was the only way to get what I wanted. What I needed." You said, talking about coming back to the past. Jim looked at you confused. "And what was that?" He asked. You shook your head. "That's for me to know, Jimbo, and for you to never find out." You said smirking.

     "Anyway, when we were about to hack Lila up, daddy came to save the day. When he figured out what had happened, that they weren't the first people we had killed, he tried to attack. So in self defense, I hit him with the axe. He was weak, didn't even have to hit him twice." You shrugged. Jim looked at you confused. "They weren't the first people you guys killed?" He asked. "Nope!" Jerome said, popping the 'p'. He sat there for a minute before looking up in realization.

     "The other victims daughter and her boyfriend disappeared. There was a note that said they ran away, but they didn't, did they? You both killed them." He said. You smiled. "Correct!" You said as if you were a game show host. "That's 5 people you've killed. Why'd you kill Emily Clements and Jared Manstin?" He asked.

     "Well they were trying to kill me." You said. "But I had Jerome follow us. They lead me into the woods, and said they were gonna kill me. Then Jerome stepped in and we killed them." You shrugged. "And Amanda?" He asked. "She knew we killed our parents." Jerome said. Jim nodded. "Anything else?" He asked. You thought for a minute before shaking your head. "Nope!" You said, popping the 'p'. He nodded before standing up and walking over to you.

"Mr. Cicero, you can go." He said to the blind man. "You two," he pulled both of you out of the chairs. "Are going to Arkham." Jim started handcuffing Jerome while the other cop handcuffed you. "Awww. Come on Jimmy! Aren't ya gonna miss us!?" You asked. "Shut up! And don't call me Jimmy!" He shouted at you.

     "Hey! That is no way to speak to a lady!" Jerome shouted. "Especially my lady." You and Jerome were dragged out into the precinct. There were a few circus members there, and they were staring at you both in shock, disgust, and fear.

     "Monsters!" One of the members shouted. "You're both monsters!" You and Jerome burst out laughing. "You ain't seen nothin' yet!" Jerome shouted at them.

     While you were being dragged to a cop car, you saw Lee was following you guys. "Hiya Lee!" You said, causing her to look at you with fear. "Ah, the silent treatment. Eh, I'll get ya to talk. Just wait till me and Jerome get out!" You cheered.

     You and Jerome were thrown into the back of a cop car. You hit your head on the seat. "Ouch!" You said, causing the cop to roll their eyes. Jerome looked at you, smiling.

     "Ya ready, doll-face?" Jerome asked. You nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be." We're all ready, the original voice said. Let's do this, said the other voice. And you were gonna do this. This was your second chance with Jerome, and you were going to make it the best. Jerome smiled at the the cop in the front seat, that you recognized as Harvey, before shouting something only you and him would understand. "Take me back!"

-------------------------------------------------------

     So that's the end of Take Me Back! It's crazy how fast it went by. Thank you all for reading, and I hope that you continue reading. The sequel should be up shortly. That one will have more of the Gotham characters than this one had, and will be more adventurous. Make sure you share this book with your friends and be sure to read my preference book and my Jerome Imagines book! Thank you guys again and I love you all!

-Alice