Ginger!

When you woke up, everything was a blur. You couldn't see straight, and you didn't know why. All you knew was you had a major headache that needed to be taken care of.

     "Uhhhh." You heard someone groan from beside you. You looked to your right, and saw it was Jerome. All of a sudden, the memories came back. The cops. The portal. The pain. The falling. All of it.

     You looked at Jerome and he was squinting at you. "Doll? What happened? Are you okay?" You nodded. "I'm fine, Handsome. How about you? Are you okay?." He groaned again. "I've been better."

You both started to look around and take in your surroundings. "Holy shit!" Jerome shouted out of nowhere, startling you. "It worked! Shiana got it to work, Gorgeous! We're back!" He jumped up and started to do a victory dance.

You laughed at his sudden outburst. It was moments like these that made you love Jerome the most.

Then it hit you. You understood what Jerome said, what he meant. He said it worked. So did that mean you guys were young again? That you were in Gotham again? You turned to Jerome to see for yourself if it worked.

Sure enough, there stood Jerome in all of his glory. But this time he had muscles, no wrinkles, and flaming red hair. You jumped up to Jerome and hugged him.

You pulled away a little, and grabbed his hair. "Ginger!" You shouted like a little kid on Christmas Day. "Your hair! It's red again, Ginger!"

He pulled you in for another hug. "I never thought I would miss that name so much." He whispered into your shoulder. You couldn't believe it. You were actually back. You and Jerome have traveled back in time.

Then you noticed something. You looked around and saw that you were in a different field. Then you heard it. The shouting, the music, the laughter. You couldn't believe your ears. Did she really take you back that far?

"Jerome." You said pulling away. You turned around, and sure enough, there it was. "Are we at-" "Haly's." He cut you off. You guys had definitely been here before. The circus moved to many different places, and you recognized this one. You had been here in a different time. But the question was, when and where is here?

That's when you looked at your clothes. You wore a white crop top, with black high waisted jeans, and black tennis shoes. You looked at your hair, realizing it was curled and y/h/c, again.

     Jerome was wearing a dark blue shirt, with a pair of jeans, and some ratty ass shoes that he probably had to scavenge many years ago, because his mom was a deadbeat bitch that couldn't buy him anything nice.

     You had to think for a few minutes, but you remembered where, well more of when, you were. It was the day after Jerome's 18th birthday. So that means his mom was still alive, you and him both still were traveling with the circus, and you weren't in Gotham yet.

You and Jerome looked at each other. This must be hard for him. He had to live with his abusive, piece of shit, mother again. He couldn't just kill her tonight, since he had to wait till you got to Gotham, and you wouldn't be there for at least a month.

     You grabbed Jerome's hand, and pulled him with you to the circus. You didn't want to go back either. Your abusive, asshole of a dad was also here. You never killed him, because back then you thought murder was wrong, so you also had to deal with this. That was one of the reasons you stayed with Jerome after he killed his mom.

     When you got there, it looked the same way you remembered it. The ugly tent stained from how much shit was spilled on it, the trailers looked like empty cans of soup, and the smell of vomit filled the air. This is the place you and Jerome had to call home for many years.

     You started to look for a way to recognize where you where, when all of a sudden, a girl with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a crooked smile jumped in front of you. You recognized her. This was Emily Clements. Her parents, older brother, and her had joined the circus when you were just 14 and Jerome was 15. She was an acrobat, her parents trained everybody, and her brother was a clown. She was also a perky bitch that tried to steal Jerome every chance she got.

     "Oh my goodness! Jerome I have to show you something can you come with me?" She asked, while jumping up and down. He looked at her confused. "Ummmm...." he said, trying to remember her name. She frowned at him and lowered her head. "Emily." He smiled. "Ah, yes. Emily. So anyway, Emily, I actually could use your help!" She smiled again and started to jump. "Of course! What is it?" He put his hands on her shoulders to stop her jumping.

     "I was just wondering, where are we again?" She looked and him confused. "We're in Warren, Michigan. Remember?" He nodded. "Oh yeah! Sorry. It's just that all of this traveling makes me forget."

     She nodded. "You sure, Jerome? You're acting kind of weird. Do you feel okay?"He nodded. "I'm fine, but you can go now. Bye!" He waved at her.

Once she was gone you burst out laughing. Jerome looked at you. "What? Is there something on my face?" He said, touching his face. You shook your head. "No. But you just shut her the fuck down." He began to laugh a little too.

After a couple minutes you and Jerome were  both still cracking up when a woman shouted, causing you and Jerome to freeze.

"Jerome!" She shouted again. You looked at Jerome and saw his face scrunch up in annoyance. He didn't want to go through this again. To see her again.

Then, out of nowhere, a woman with dark hair and the stench of alcohol, stumbled up to you and Jerome. Lila Valeska. Jerome's deadbeat, bitch ass, excuse of a mom. "Listen her, you worthless piece of shit! When I call you, you come to me, okay dip shit! God, are you worthless! I've had broken condoms that have done more to help me then you ever will!"

     As the words left her mouth, she raised her hand and slapped Jerome.