Break Out

Now this was probably going to be the hardest part of your journey to the past. Somehow you, a 76 year old, had to break out Jerome, a 77 year old, within the next hour and a half. The security here wasn't topnotch, but it was still going to be a challenge.

     "I could call Shiana. See if she knows what we should do." You recommended. He shook his head, "Won't she be mad you went against what she said, and told me about the plan?"

"Yeah, but she can deal with it. She's gonna find out anyway. We don't have any weapons or anything. We can't just walk out. Can we?" You asked. ""What do you mean? Just walk out? Like the front doors?" He asked, looking at you like you were crazy.

"When I walked in nobody was paying attention, except for the outside guard, and I could distract him. He seemed like a fan for some odd reason." You said, furrowing your eyebrows.

Jerome started laughing. "What? What!? What's so funny!?" You didn't like not being in on the joke. It made you feel stupid. "I forgot! Everybody around here worships the ground you walk on. They think you're some god for getting me to get my shit together! This could work because of this! This could actually work!" He said, jumping up and down like a kid. And that's just one of the many things you love about him.

You started to laugh too. You and Jerome were going to get out. This was actually happening. You guys were going back. You stopped and just stared at Jerome, admiring his eyes, lips, and jaw. You remembered how lost you would get in his eyes, like you were now.

"Princess? Princess, are you okay." He asked, snapping you out of your thoughts. "Fine." You nodded. "I just missed you. A lot." You now had tears streaming down your face. He smiled a sincere smile, "I missed you too, Y/N." You guys just stared at each other for what felt like forever, but was probably only a minute.

     "Okay," Jerome said, causing you to come back to reality."So, how are we gonna hide me?" You thought for a second. How were you gonna hide your 77 year old boyfriend, who had been locked up for the last 60 years? "I have one of your old sweatshirts in the back of my car. Oh! And some sweatpants that I bought that are way too big." You suggested. "Awww. Did you really keep one of my sweatshirts, Doll? I'm flattered." He said, putting his hand to his heart. "Of course I did. I needed something of yours. Pretty sure it's the one you wore when you were arrested for killing your mom too!" He clapped. "Oh goodie! I love that one." He said looking up to the ceiling. "Such good memories. That I'm about to live again of course." He snapped back to you. "Okay. Run to your car get them, come back in, give it to me, then we run." He said, obviously ready to go, as were you.

     You ran to your car to get the sweatshirt from the passenger seat of your car. Okay you lied. You kept it in the passenger side because it made you feel like Jerome was right next to you, and that's all you wanted again. You took the clothes ran back in, as fast as a 76 year old can, and gave them to Jerome. "Wow." He said. "I haven't seen this in forever." You nodded. "59 years. It's been 59 years since you were 18. I've been keeping track." You muttered. "Doll." Jerome breathed out, taking you in his arms, giving you a long overdue hug. Being in his arms felt.... amazing. You loved it. You always have and always will. He let go, causing you to whimper. He laughed. "I know princess. I don't want to let go either, but if we're gonna do this, we gotta get goin'." You nodded. Jerome threw the clothes on, you opened the door, and ran.

     When you got to the lobby you looked at the desk, and of course the chick was on her phone, so you and Jerome easily got to the front. When you got out the guy was standing there looking around. "I'm gonna talk to him. When he's not looking run to that dark blue car over there." You said, pointing to your car. He nodded and you went to talk to the guard.

     "Hey Mr....-" "Davison." He smiled. "Mr. Davison. I was wondering, how has Jerome been?" You looked at your car, and sure enough, no Jerome. You sighed. "Oh. Well, he's been good. Doesn't talk a lot, not many friends, but he behaves, thanks to you of course." You laughed. "I'm afraid that was all you guys..." You said, noticing Jerome at your car. "Anyway, I've gotta go. Bye!" You walked to your car.

     When you got in, you just sped away. You wanted to get as far away from this place as you could. You and Jerome were gonna start a new life. One were you guys would alway win. Always rule. And never loose.